Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-30-2004, 07:03 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't caught up on my watching for this week (I record them every day and watch when I have time). But my girls have the Teen WLC book so I'll be sure they watch it with me.

I just got home from walking. Today I have walked almost 2.5 miles and I haven't been to Curves yet. Walking is something I've only added in the past 2 weeks so I'm interested to know if it's helping to raise my metabolism or anything.

(that's my sign for exercise. LOL)
Old 01-30-2004, 07:09 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just got a flier in the mail yesterday that they are opening a curves not far from me. Of course I am going to have baby weight to lose but I wont be joining till at least next fall, if you do use Curves let me know what its like! There is also a YMCA real close to me but they might be closing soon as they want to build a whole new facility! This summer though I just want to do walking!
Leighann
Old 02-19-2004, 08:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hello!
Been reading up on this Dr. Phil.
Just wondering if anybody has read the book or has tried his diet the Ultimate weight solution. Any good experiences. ?????
Also have heard a lot about the Atkins.
My husband is wanting to get back on with his diet.
He was doing the atkins. We kind of fell off the bandwagon and
keep trying to get back on. Any motivation tools?
Just curious if anyone has tried either and if so.....
any new stories or positive outcome.
Was going to check the book out from the library. But they didnt have it. Have to weight awhile til they do.
Anyways just wondering if anyone else has tried either.?
My husband and I are trying to wean ourselves off the pop and snacks. Been very hard. But we also want to feel healthy. (plus set an example for our children)
Anyways....
Thanks for all of your great ideas that you always share
Mel
Old 02-19-2004, 08:34 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Curves

Lee, I'm sorry I didn't see your message before now. I have a Curves not far from me and joined on October 8. In 4 months I've lost 23.25 inches from my body. The pounds are actually being stubborn but the inches lost really show! I love it! I've never enjoyed exercise and really fought going to check this out for over a year. My best friend was on her way, called me and I gave her a list of questions to ask. Then I just said I'd meet her there. LOL! I'm SO glad I did!!

(that's me exercising!)
Old 02-19-2004, 08:37 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Mel,

I have both of his *diet* books. I would suggest you go to Wal-Mart and buy his Food Guide which is paper back and cost about $6. It lists the basics of his other book along with a Rapid Start Plan on about the first 60 pages or so and the rest is a listing of foods and their content - fat, calories, carbs, sodium, etc. VERY helpful!

I started on his RSP and lost 8 pounds. Then my baby had her 6th birthday and I didn't just fall off the wagon but jumped head first for 10 days. I just restarted on Tuesday and already I'm feeling much better and can tell the weight is beginning to leave my body.

He does give actual menus in the book but he also teaches you to make your own so you aren't stuck eating what you are told but can be creative. I've really enjoyed having it to refer back to and mark in for my own benefit.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:46 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Martiehawk,
Thats great! I may be checking it out sooner than I think. Still have not had the baby yet, but am going in tommorow to be induced so the new me will be getting started soon!
Leighann
Old 02-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Martiehawk
Thank you for the reply.
I will check Wal-mart out.
Now that I am not working but staying at home all I want to do is snack.
But I have been drinking my regular 8-10 glasses of water still.
Used to do a lot of active outside work. Now I havent because of being in a new area and different climate.
I will check that book out.
I really would like some ideas on the meals for the day and for the week. At least for awhile until I get the hang of how you should eat everyday. Sometimes I find it hard to just figure out what to eat. This book sound as if he helps you with that for awhile.
Thank You.
Mel

Lee, good luck on baby and all.
Do you know what you are going to be having?
I am sure that you are very anxious.
Is this your first?
My kids are 10, 12, 14.
I Love them dearly. Sure miss having a baby around.
Have fun.
Mel
Old 02-19-2004, 12:39 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Luvbird,
Thanks, no this is my second I have a boy who will be 3 in April. I am quite excited but also anxious to get it over with! I have to admit very tired of being pregnant!
Leighann
Old 02-20-2004, 05:14 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Dr. Phil`s book

I have the book and food guide. I am going to start it tomorrow. I have read half of it and and made a grocery list. It sounds like a really good program. It teaches you how to eat healthier foods. The only problem I will have doing this is getting my kids to eat the healthier foods. My 5 year old is so picky. He doesn`t eat alot of the veggies on the list. He won`t try neww foods either. He liks Mac & cheese and pizza with Ranch dressing. I need to do something to help my 10 year old to. He is overwieght. He doesn`t think he is though. I don`t want to say anything to hurt his feelings. He weighs 123 and is 4ft 9inches tall. Its hard to find clothes to fit him. I have to buy mens 32 pants and hem them up.

We are going to start walking as soon as it gets warm enough outside. I have the Gazelle Edge. We just don`t use it alot.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:52 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

I just checked in and it's way past my bedtime so I'll try and post a little info about the way to set your menus tomorrow.

Really quick, one thing is to be sure and have protein with each meal - 2oz at breakfast and 4 oz at lunch and dinner.

Also, for breakfast the first 2 weeks you have 1 serving of a high fiber cereal with your protein. You also need one serving of low or non-fat milk/yogurt. You can have a piece of fruit with breakfast or as your morning snack. You may also have a serving of non-caloric beverage with each meal.

Lunch you have a list of non-starchy veggies to choose from. No starches during the first 2 weeks for lunch or after lunch either. You can have a piece of fruit for a mid afternoon snack and dinner pretty much is the same as lunch but no eating after dinner.

Of course you can drink all the water you want all day & evening.

This was all from my memory since my book is in my bedroom where I do most of my reading.

Lee, hope you are doing well with having the baby and momofcdn, good luck following the plan! I gave in and weighed yesterday (my official weigh ins are Monday's at TOPS) and was back down to the weight I was at the week before and had even lost another pound. YEAH!!!