Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-20-2004, 08:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am hopping to pick up the food guide this week money permitting, I also looked into Curves and Atkins but the carb restriction is not for me. Bananas, I can not think of going without one for a week, well anyway. I know it will be hard work but once I am rid of the extra person I am carrying around I will feel better.
Somehow I think I am afraid to really get loosing because people will act differently around me, I am also worried about the reason I was not able to stay at my goal 8 years ago, I never seen the person I was. I still see myself different in the mirror then on pictures, which have to be taken like ID pictures. And I absolutely hate the way I look. Everyone knows that they better not take a picture of me or else I become a ……… well lets say, I have ended friendships over that one. There are not even pictures of my wedding. Well don’t know why I am posting this personal info, but perhaps someone else can relate and has an Idea why I seam to eat even more when I decide to go on a Diet?
Martina
Old 01-21-2004, 04:53 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Martina, I joined Curves just for the workout and that has worked for me. I will tell you that Dr. Phil's Rapid Start Plan is a fairly low carb plan the first 5 weeks. Of course, it is a 10 week plan and his regular plan isn't as low carb. I couldn't do one like that either but this first week on the RSP hasn't been very difficult. The toughest day I had was on Sunday.

The reason is...we go out to dinner with my inlaws after church every week. I really was dreading it because the last 6-8 weeks they have been in such a rut with this one place that serves basically nothing healthy. LOL! It's a southern fried sort of cooking (well, it's in the south so what else would they serve?). Anyway, they decided this past week they would buy KFC and bring it home. I told my sis-in-law to be sure and have plenty of slaw. She did well and for the first time in my life I peeled that tasty skin off my KFC chicken breast and only had slaw with it. My downfall is their bisuits with gravy but I passed it up and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be but still, it was tempting.

I've studied Dr. Phil's RSP and the Curves plan and they are fairly close. Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Need some help

i am needing to lose some weight but am addicted to mountain dew i about go nuts without it but need to lose weight and probably get rid of dh he doesnt help just hurts me with all the stress he puts me under need someone to help me and keep in contact with me and diet with someone on here so we can compare i have bad teeth and bad self esteem because of that but he dont care he dont help me get them fixed so i figure i can try to lose weight right now and maybe that will help and i need to lose my stomach big time it got big since i had my daughter she is my third i have two boys besides her so need help and advice
Old 01-22-2004, 06:05 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Stuckathome
Have you read any of Dr. Phils books? It sounds like you may want to check them out. I admit I have not read any but I do watch his tv show all the time. He has good common sense on a lot of issues. I suggest going to the library and checking out. Or even start with his website! Then go from there. Good luck with it all.
Leighann
Old 01-22-2004, 06:47 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

thanks i can use all the support i can get i watch his show but havent went to his website of course i have a dh that is grouchy and isnt happy if everything isnt about him so when hes home i pretty much get yelled at all the time and such so hopefully today i can look on there
Old 01-24-2004, 10:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Martie
Thanks, I was able to get the Food guide, Wholesale price was under $5 so affordable, I decided to get it because my calorie counter guide is several years old so this one is pact full of useful info. I will read up on this while my DH is in surgery on Tuesday. And perhaps start this then. I been pointing out to my spouse that it is easy to get sweets that I do not like. Since I do not care for peanut butter or mint, he could have that at the house and on occasion purchase the stuff I like at work and consume or leave it there.
Wish me luck
Martina
Old 01-25-2004, 04:59 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

GOOD LUCK!! I think you'll do great.

I'm working on my second week now of the Rapid Start Plan and barring some medical something that my doctor hasn't called me back about, I hope I've lost something this week.

Check out Dr. Phil's site - you have to follow every link he has for the weight loss challenge and it's participants - but he has some really good recipes and tips on there.

I have joined a 10 week challenge that is totally unrelated to any type of diet/food program. The weigh-ins are today through Wednesday at noon. Your weight or amount you want to lose for the 10 weeks is never revealed to anyone; you are placed on teams and receive points for % of weight lost (if you want to lose 10lbs and lost 2 this week, you get points for 20%) as well as points for exercise. I was a part of it last year and my team (Delta) did pretty well. It was fun and I met some new people that had the same struggles with weight. If you think you are interested, check out Down The Pounds.

Well, I need to get ready for church. Have a GREAT day!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

OK, now I am definately interested. I have been on the list at the Library for the book, but from what I am reading here, I think I will just buy it as soon as I can. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:29 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

FYI: You can get the Food Guide book at Wal-Mart for less than $6. I paid about $9 for mine at Barnes & Noble the day it was released.

I finished the 2 weeks last night and I'm hoping it shows when I weigh-in on Monday. ;-)
Old 01-30-2004, 05:30 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Martiehawk,
keep us up to date on how its going! Todays Dr.phil is the teen weight loss challenge!
Leighann