Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Health & Fitness > Weight Loss > Diets & Programs

Old 09-03-2003, 03:02 AM
BoggsZ

Is anyone on Weight Watchers?

Hi I was just watching a weight watchers comercial and thought maybe i would like to try it I think I can do the point thing I can't do the Adkins I have to have alittle sugar or i get the shakes. If you are on it and can tell me more I would like to try it I just dont have the extra $ right now to buy the plan so can someone tell me about the point system maybe email me some info. [email protected]. I would like to loose about 40 pounds.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Karen,

I was on the Points System and for me it was not satisfying. However, other love it.

If you go to a book store or library, there are books that have some basic info on the points. Plus each of the recipes has points listed. I have some other recipes that I figured out the points. Plus there are sites out there with pointed recipes.

I had lent my mother all my info (charts and all) and since then we are not talking and she never gave it back to me .

I have not tried the Flex Points.

Here is a list for your Current Weight and then the Daily Point Range for that weight.

Less then 150 lbs .. ... ... 18-25
150 to 174 lbs .. ... ... 20-27
175 - 199 lb .. ... ... 22-29
200 - 224 lb .. ... ... 24-31
225 - 250 lb .. ... ... 26-33
Ovre 250 lbs .. ... ... 28-35

Hope this helps
Old 09-03-2003, 08:22 AM
BoggsZ

Thanks Shawn Now i need to figure out how to figure how many pts the food i eat has in it Ill try to get to the library soon. maybe thay will have a book thanks again
Old 09-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm on WW and love it. The points are easy for me, and help me maintain a balanced diet. The flex points are great, for those times you want to splurge. It's no longer a point spread, and you get 35 points to spend as you'd like, over the entire week or for a blow out dinner and wine.

I know they have a website www.weightwatchers.com

There is a sliding scale you use to figure out the points, as well as some books. I feel that I need the meeting and the weigh in each week to keep me going.

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I was.

I was on WW and loved it however I thought since I was tight on money I didn't need the meetings and I DO! Now I am trying to budget it back in so I can lose again. I love that you can eat whatever just in moderation. I LOVE TO EAT so those diets that eliminate something completly, I can not do. I tried Adkins. Blah I am not even a huge fan of meat so I got tired of meat.

I have been trying to watch my simple sugars and eat more whole grains or even veggies in place of pastas. If you have not tried spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti, try it. I can not say that you won't taste a difference but it is not bad. I like it. There are a few websites that can calculate your WW points. I also have a list of all the WW points for all Pampered Chef recipes if there are any PC fans out there. PM me directly and I can email it to you.

TX Chef Fran
Old 09-07-2003, 02:54 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

That is interesting, cause I tried Wt. Watchers I got shaky and dizzy because there was not enough protein for me. So now I am on the Atkins Diet and loving it, lost 24 lbs in 1 1/2 months. Oh and you can use a type of sugar called Splenda, that is actually made from real sugar. I need a little sugar also!

mariska
Old 09-07-2003, 03:26 PM
BoggsZ

Mariska, My sister is on the adkins and she loves it she has lost around 40 pds in 4 months. I just dont like meat that well she loves chicken thats all she eats i think lol
Old 09-07-2003, 04:43 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

If you can't afford the weekly $12 (or whatever it may be in your area) You can join the online program - same program with lots of online support from their message boards and the cost is less than $15 a month. I've loved doing it that way.

Hi Sharona! See you back on the front porch!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:53 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Under $15 a month? I have to check that out! WW has always worked for me in the past, my problem is staying motivated. Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Weight Watchers

I have a couple of things that might help you. I have two files on my computer that are 99% Weight Watchers point recipes...I would need to compress them and then send them and you would need to have a program to decompress them...I also have a desktop points calculator which doesn't need to be compressed to send ...All must go by attachments....If you would like me to send them to you ....email me and I will send it on. I think my email is on here somewhere ...if not, when you reply...I will be notified and we'll go from there...good luck whatever you decide is right for you...Kathy