Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Health & Fitness > Weight Loss > Diets & Programs

Old 01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Weight Watchers

Does any one go to weight watcher meetings or do the only program?

I have done the programs on and off for years. Never reached a goal though. I have been going to meetings sense the summer.

They have a new program now called WW Momemtum.

Would love to hear what other people do for weight loss.

Charlotte
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have never done it.But I am sure it is a good program to go too.
Mish
Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I received a 2 week free trial offer through Aleve for Weight Watchers Online just this week. Waiting for the time to be able to sit down and really look into it before signing in.

Roberta

Old 01-24-2009, 05:41 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers but to be honest, I am a little confused of this new Momentum....I really need to read the books....but I hate to read.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Myan the momemtum program is still tracking points. There is no core foods any more. The push now is to use filling foods to fill you up and help stop hunger. The books and meetings teach you what the filling foods are and how to use them to stop hunger. They give you a new pocket guide that can fit in your purse. Which is great. The new pocket guide takes place of the larger book that they use to give you with the a-z food list--this has all the filling foods marked. It has a points finder/points booster in the pocket guide.

Filling foods are most fruits and vegetables, meats, cheese, fish, whole wheat pastas and cereals.

Charlotte
Old 01-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sounds great. I would join WW or curves if I didn't live 30 miles out of town.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love WW and lost 30 pounds through the program. Hopefully I will reach my goal(another 20 pounds) before Christmas this year.

I like how the program gives me the freedom to eat whatever I like as long as I stay within the points limit. However, I do not go to the meetings, but use the Points program on my PC.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My husband's employer will pay for the first session of WW, and they even hold the meetings on site. DH, DD1 and I are using the program to lose weight. DD1 has been the most successful and has lost about 15 pounds. DH initially lost 20 pounds, but then gained some back. I just started up again and hoping to do better to stick with it this time.

I like WW because you can eat whatever you want as long as you keep within the points system. You can even splurge once a week if you want to with the 35 bonus points you get. I don't find it too difficult because I LOVE fruits, vegetables and whole grains. The biggest problem I have is the portion size. I'm always hungry! It sounds like the momentum program is a great idea.

Kathy
Old 07-27-2009, 05:24 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi all!

The WW Core program ROCKS! This is how I lost my first ten and I am "kinda" doing it now. Having to go in and weigh was very good for me. I wanted to see that scale go down. Held me accountable.

I dont want to write down points and keep track on my food so much. Makes me just think about food more. Core gave me a full tummy, no hassle and a smaller waist line.

My 2 cents!

J~
Old 07-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've never used Weight Watchers although my mother did many years ago and lost a lot of weight (60 pounds). If it works for you, go for it! As for me, I find that the old-fashioned exercise and watching calories works best for me. I've actually not been exercising consistently these past couple of month and the weight has definitely crept back on. Oh well, it's time to get jogging again!