Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The sunshine just picks me up so much, and the warm breeze, mmmm, heaven.

I really have a hard time sticking to a weight loss program, my days are busy, busy, busy and I get sidetracked. I need to be more disciplined. Something I will work on.

I was a flybaby when I worked from home, it helped a lot. The alerts/reminders overwhelm me now that I work outside the home. Have they changed it in the past few years, is there a new program for the working moms to follow?

Lisa
Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ugh! I feel so awful!
I erally need to get off my Fatty butt and DO something with myself

I have NO motivation whatsoever!
I WANT to do it, I just DONT do it.

I need to walk, drink more water than I do and less pop.

Im just such a failure at this weight thing!
Its so easy to fail this!!!

I need to make myself some sort of scheldule and DO it!!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hummingbird, well, let's go girl!!! Join the bandwagon!!!

Lisa
Old 03-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Assistant Moderator

I helped dh yesterday tear out a fence and pull up clothesline posts. Today we did some yard work. I got some sunshine!

Mindy, I need to work with dd's belly dance dvds. Mentaly I don't feel like walking. Must be the depression.....
Old 03-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hummingbird, cool new photo! Come on girl, you can do it. Just take babysteps. Try to drink 6 cups of water every day for a week. That's it, nothing else. Then the next week, eating a healthy breakfast - maybe a fruit, protein, carb, & a cup of milk. Then the next week add some dancing or floor exercises or a walk. Don't try to do everything at once, don't try to be perfect, don't criticize yourself. You can do it, we can all do it! If we try to do everything at once we get burnt out and we feel deprived, it doesn't have to be that way. We didn't gain weight overnight and we won't lose the weight overnight.

Here's a quote I got off of a Dr. Phil calendar...Think about deprivation another way: by overeating, you're depriving yourself of a healthy weight, an attractive appearance, self-regard, and peace of mind.

I have a bulletin board in my laundry room (since I spend so much time in there) and I have a bunch of inspirational quotes on the board. Sometimes I remember to glance at the quotes while I'm pretreating laundry and I try to focus on one or two of the quotes while I'm working.

Connie, I tried a belly dance dvd once. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. The one I did had you on your tippy-toes for most of it. It was fun though.

I took another walk tonight. We were only able to go for 30 minutes because her dh wanted her back home so he could go for a walk. We really pushed ourselves since we only had 30 mins. It was so nice out. I even jogged home from her house. It's not far, but I'm not a runner so for me it was great. My dh is taking the day off tomorrow so I should get to walk tomorrow night also. Hopefully the thunderstorms will hold off for our walk.

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 03-26-2007, 02:36 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

OK Ladies, I'm still at 212. No loss for me. Well, It's a new day! It's the day I start again! Better luck to all of you. Alice
Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well, weighed in at 218, a pound heavier than last Monday. Did finally wake to the hard cramps and bad period day. Since I turned 40 that time of the month has changed, 5 days of light, 2 extremely heavy days and 2 days of light and gone, but it makes me miserable for a full week! The good thing? Now that the 2 bad days have started my energy level will pick up again so I do expect a loss next Monday. Will keep plugging along though.

Good luck to everyone weighing in!

Lisa
Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good Morning, well I weigh in at 180. My goal is 150...and eventually 130. Been a struggle for me. Went on the south beach diet and was weighing in at 170...but over the Christmas Holiday I submerged myself in the wonderful tastes of Christmas. Now I am regretting it. Had been off sugar for almost 3 months....Now I am back to square one.
Easter candy is now the culprit... I need to work on more self discipline and start again...
Dieting is the hardest thing for me to do.
I will start today off better....
Woops I did snitch already with 5 pringle potatoe chips that were laying on the counter....Seee.....
Okay I will be good for the rest of the day.
Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sinatra, those are good goals. I really was bad about eating what the kids left over, still occasionally pick at something I really like that they leave. I had a friend whose mom preached to her this: "If you eat the garbage you'll look like garbage". This was a fiesty little Italian woman from the old country who spoke these words to her daughter. Most times I'll remember and not eat it but there are days --- LOL --- I do it anyway!

Happy Monday girls. I'm hoping the cramps will ease up and I can walk tonight.

Lisa
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Assistant Moderator

I weighed in at 146 today. I guess all the cinnamon rolls I ate yesterday caught up with me! They were homemade and whole wheat.

I read a article on how your subconous mind works. I will look it up today and post.