Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mindy, My mom's problems started at age 36 when she had a complete hysterectomy. The next year she was diagnosed with high blood pressure and at 39 she was diagnosed with diabetes. At that time she only had to take the pills but now she injects insulin daily. I'm now 41 and so far so good.

I haven't even had dinner and really, am not hungry. The girls are outside playing so I think when they come in it will be soup for them. Rachel is at play rehearsal but she had ramen noodles before she left. She is vegetarian and I respect her wishes, I guess I'm just a carnivore.

The rain has gone and if it stays at bay Rachel and I will walk once Meg and Alyssa are in bed. I have laundry going and dishes soaking.

Another good way to burn calories is dancing. No, you don't have to boogie at a club, do they say boogie anymore? LOL I dance around the kitchen, much to my kids' dismay, but they say it's a real good way to get the heart rate up and burn calories!

Will be checking in later. Hey, you're right, baby steps!

Lisa
Old 03-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Way to go Bunny...glad to hear about your success with the cancer. PTL!!!
And welcome aboard to the others...Connie, Kathy and Sinatra I think. So sorry if I missed some one. We have quite a group started here! We should all be great encouragement for each other.
I don't think I'll be showing a loss on Monday. There have been too many sweets around me and I'm not saying no to them.
Saw the dr on Thursday. Talked to him about my appetite. And my concern over my weight problem. I've gained 9 lbs since I saw him 6 months ago when he said that if I lost 20 more he'd try taking me off my bp meds. He was ordering blood work anyway so said he would include thyroid. He says it could affect my appetite. Probably won't hear from him till Monday. I really don't expect there will be anything wrong with my thyroid, I think it's just me and my undisciplined attitude toward food. I just don't understand why it will all click in my mind and lose weight so easily and other times I just CAN'T!!
Have any of you ever used the Walk Away the Pounds dvds? I really liked them when I did them. I paid more attention to my posture too.
I've never read You on a diet, but have heard good things about it. Hope to get the Weigh Down Diet book soon.
OK gals, Have a great weekend! Alice
Old 03-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, gotta apologize...I read the first page of this thread and thought that was it. Then posted my reply (above) and THEN realized there was a second page! so now I know that MInday has done the W A T P dvds. I'll try to pay more attention and checking in every day will help!
nite all... Alice
Old 03-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I hope it's not your thyroid Alice. My mom's been battling hers for years now!

Here's hoping there will be a loss Monday, I've not been as good as I should but, today was a pretty disciplined day. I took the girls out to Chinese food and kept my portions moderate, something I don't normally do when I eat at my favorite Chinese place. I'm also just starting my period, so I'm pretty puffy right now, hope it starts to go down in a day or two!

Walked some today as well, and then it started to rain. Ah well, it's okay, any exercise is better than none!

Have a great weekend.

Lisa
Old 03-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Assistant Moderator

I saw my reflexologst today. He said my thyroid isn't working right. I have taken medication for years. Last fall the doctor lowered the dose. I think that is part of my problem. I would like to be put on meds and increase the dose until I go from hypo to hyper. Then back off the meds until I return to hypo state. The doctor says it is too hard on my body. Like my thyroid not working right for 10+ years is helping my body? lol
Old 03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I'm not really looking forward to weighing tomorrow. We've had Girl Scout cookies in the house for a few weeks now & I've eaten WAY too many. Now I've started buying Easter candy for the girls and of course I opened some of it and I've been eating and eating and eating. Ugh! I did walk last night though. My neighbor called and asked if I could get out for a walk. We walked about 40 minutes. She's my walking partner each summer. She's at least 3 inches taller than I am and she walks fast so it forces me to walk faster than I normally would. I don't even notice though because we're too busy talking. We both love to read, we both have kids (and dh's), and we've known each other for 11 years so we always have plenty to talk about. Sometimes we try to read the same books and then we call our walks our walking book club. When my Mom's in town she walks w/ us also. We're going to try to get another walk in tonight. I hope it doesn't rain. I told my dh that if he wants a happy wife he'll be sure to be home from work at 8:00 every night so that I can go for my walk by 8:30. I don't mind walking later than that but Jen has to get back home to get her older kids in bed. My dd's go to bed at 8:00 so after that I'm ready to get some quiet/adult time.

Good luck tomorrow! I'm going to start doing better with my food. I can do it, I just have to psych myself up for it. I'll let you know what my # is in the morning.

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 03-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Assistant Moderator

Mindy, I wish I had someone to walk with! Other than dh that is. I still need to start walking. I have been doing some ab work everyday.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Connie, ab work is better than no work! Do you have any walking dvd's? Or just turn some music on and dance. I always feel happier after I dance. I guess being silly is good for me. I keep meaning to do some type of strength training and then I forget to actually do it. I like doing wall pushups. I make sure my feet are far enough away from the wall so that when I lean into the wall I come up on the balls of my feet. It's easier than floor pushups, but it still works your arms. I also need to start doing squats & lunges again. I'm so scared to put on my bathing suit. Last year I avoided it like the plague. I don't want to make my kids miss out on swimming again this year just because I don't take care of myself. Okay, I'm going to go put a note in my "Control Journal" (all you flybabies know what I'm talking about ) and I'm going to add my workout routine to my daily routines.
Wall push-ups
Lunges
Squats
Sit-ups
Stretches
Walking
Meditate - AM & PM

I'm not good about meditating. My mind always wanders to things I should be doing. I'm going to try to make myself sit still & breathe deeply for 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening. I'll have to think of a mantra to think while I'm doing it.

Does anyone else have a workout routine they can share? After I get this routine down for a week or two I'll add in some weights or my exercise ball. I'm going to try to attack this like flylady would say...babysteps. I'll look at the Self Challenge & try to add something from it to my routine each week also. When I get to walk on a regular basis it gets me in the frame of mind to get my act together. It helps me physically & psychologically. Who knew something so easy could help so much!

Have a great day!

Mindy

Old 03-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mindy, I hear ya. It's been an awful week with PMS in high gear and me wanting to eat anything in sight. I've been better yesterday and today but think I did damage. Never did walk last night but worked in the yard quite a bit so hopefully that helped.

Connie, Any kind of exercise is better than sitting on the sofa and snacking so ab work is wonderful.

I'm still weighing in tomorrow. Heaven help me!

Lisa
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lisa, yard work is a great workout. Plus just being outside in the sunshine is so nice. I love spring!

Have a great day!

Mindy