Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Assistant Moderator

I agree Candy. I haven't done well this week due the family being ill but that is life. The last few days I have eaten what I could grab. I wish the weigh would come off faster. I get upset with my size. I will get there!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, I undersand. How is everyone feeling anway? Are they starting to feel better?

I did re-join the gym and will head up there early morning, before the rugrats arise and be back to get them up. My son gets home at 12:30 am so he's a responsible adult (on a good day - no, he is) if something should happen. I have to schedule it in, make it like an appointment. I was at the gyne today for a re-check/repeat pap and was actually 215 there, and that was fully clothed! We'll see.

Slow and steady gals, slow and steady.

Lisa
Old 04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Assistant Moderator

Lisa, three are still sick. Dh tried to go to work today. He made it through the shower and went back to bed! lol He says he will make it back to work tomorrow. I don't think so. Dd is in bed but ds2 is feeling better. I started to get it but started taking mushroom caps right away. If I get tired I rest. The only thing they want to eat is homemade bread. I am baking two loaves a day. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, sorry to hear that your family is sick. It is hard to take care of yourself when you're taking care of everyone else. Hopefully, everyone will be feeling better soon!

Lisa, way to go on joining the gym. We don't have an affordable gym near me. The cheapest I could find was $72/month. That is just not in my budget! However, we have excellent biking/walking trails all over the city. The weather is supposed to finally improve beginning Sunday. I have my bike all ready. I'm going to try to get on it at least 3 days a week.

Best wishes, all!

Kathy
Old 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes I CANT afford the gym Either!!
I dont have a treadmill but I am def wanting one!! with Incline!

I am soooooo lazy and I have NO motivation whatsoever to myself

I know I want to do it but I just dont do anything

And now im told that walking isnt really excercising, its something your made to do on a daily basis no matter what anyways and it dont do much for weight loss. It dont help becuase you do this every day anyways! I DONT KNOW!!!! UGH! Im so frusterated I just want to go to bed and stay there all day and night every single day and never get up!!
thats where I like it best
Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Assistant Moderator

I think I must be lazy! Not only do we have a fitness center, thru dh's job, but we own a universal, treadmill, roman chair, free weights....... Right now the we can get to the treadmill. Our basement is a mess since ds moved back home. I am going to move all the fitness tapes and dvds to the family room. I know I will use them more down there.

Hummingbird, where did you hear that about walking?? I will cry... really I will!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The physical therapist I had for my back told me that walking is good when it's done briskly and also using your arms just a little more. You don't have to power walk to get the benefit. To lose weight and burn calories you have to do something to up the heart rate. A mild stroll, no, will not really help with weight loss. But if you pick up the pace, make it more brisk and swing the arms a little, it WILL burn more calories, therefore also help with weight loss, plus it tones the legs, tones the behind, tones the waist.

I know the weather has been getting me down, it was so nice outside and then cold and rain. It is spring and the better temps will be here soon. I know it.

I just got back from the gym about 15 mins ago and gotta tell you, I feel great. Have to wind down though before I can call it a night. Will fold some laundry and finish the dishes that didn't get done with all of the earlier running around!

Have a good Friday everyone.

Lisa(hoping for the sun and warm weather)
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yikes! Forgot to post weigh in!!! Well, was probably on purpose because I was back up to 218. I really think the working out has added the pounds a bit because I have more energy and feel better. I also found out the reason for my emotional roller coaster, pms, woke to find my period. Didn't I just have one? Maybe it is that time and I just didn't realize it. I don't keep track anymore.

But, have gone to the gym every other day and walked a mile last night in between shuttling children to where they had to be.

How is everyone else doing? Connie, how is everyone at your house?

Lisa
Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Assistant Moderator

Everyone is back on their feet, finally. I am so tired and wore out, it isn't funny. I was half sick yesterday due to being tired. I did basicly nothing.

I have done some ab work on different days but that is it.

I agree sometimes after you start working out you build muscle and muscle weighs more that fat. The scale can go up.

I looked up a wieght and height chart online. Dh needs to lose 25 pounds, I need to lose at least 20 and ds needs to lose 15 - 20. Yikes! That is a whole person added together.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I need to lose 50 per the darned weight chart. I'm trying. we're doing a biggest loser challenge here at work, it will start next week on Monday. I was the first one to sign up!!!

Lisa