You On a Diet / dr oz / seen on oprah

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • It aired this week. I still have it on Tivo. I am going to tape it, I can send it to you to watch! Then someone else can send it on. I am going to watch it in its entirity tonight and I will give you an overview. I am going to be driving myself crazy waiting for my book to arrive! Rachel
  • You on a diet! Here is how it works:
    This book tells you the hormones and chemicals in the body that tell you if you are hungry or full. Sometimes, certain foods block the hormone that tells you you are full, and therefore, you keep eating. It explains how much of each type of exercise you need, and where it is okay to have fat -- and where it is not.
    There are foods, like peanuts, that if you eat a few 10-15 minutes before you eat, your appetite goes down and you won't eat as much. Especially if you are famished, and are running around trying to get dinner ready because you are so hungry. IF you eat a handfull of peanuts, and take your time, you most likely will not overeat. I tried this this morning. I think it worked great. I was hungry before I left to pick my van up with my husband, but had no time to eat. I ate some peanuts on the way, by the time we got to the base, my hunger vanished! The only downside I see, is that I have been up for four and a half hours already and I haven't had breakfast yet.
    Another part of the diet, is to eat right, you don't want to become Starved or you will overeat later. Just follow the signs of your body, and make sure you give it the right foods so your body gives you the right signals. In the book there are many quick foods that you can have on hand to help with cravings and certain things that go on.
    It does address emotional eating and other problems that cause this. It also addresses health problems that come from being overweight, and the problems that can be fixed, and with what.

I hope this information has helped. If anyone wants the tape, they can have it after Chris, and then pass it on to the next person. The Oprah episode aired Thursday, November 2nd.

I know this is very basic, but it is what I got from the Oprah episode. I am still waiting on the book. I am so excited. Rachel
  • Rachel you are so sweet to tape it and send it to others for them to be able to watch it. It was a really good Show and if there is a repeat you have to catch it or again if you get the tape watch it and then send it on to others.
    I can not wait for the Book. We have started watching what we eat and when we shop we read the Incredients. Our shopping takes allot longer but in the end it will be well worth it and Rachel & I had a blast Grocery Shopping yesterday. It is NOT a strict Diet just a change in Lifestyle and the way we eat.
    ~Chris~

Forgot to say.. Rachel thank you for the Bumper Sticker
  • Okay, I have news to report already. This really has been an easy day. I haven't had any sugars (like I usually do ) and I am not wanting to snack. I know it is the first day of the diet, but that is usually my hardest day.

Tonight, I am making whole wheat pasta with squash, zuchini, tomatos and basil, in a tiny bit of olive oil. Maybe throw in some mushrooms. Marinated chicken breasts , green beans, and a salad.

That should do it. hehe. Great foods. Hope the kids and the dh love it.

Rachel
  • OOPS ! I forgot to say thanks for the post Chris. I just wanted to let you all know, if you want to see the Oprah episode, PM me your addy and I will send it out as soon as Chris gets done watching it. She missed the last part due to Mommy duties! We all know how that goes. Rachel
  • I found some information on the 'diet' on Oprah's website.

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows...20061102.jhtml

Roberta
  • chris and rachel, are you guys related or do you just live near each other? I think I have read it somewhere but my head is like a sieve at the moment!
    I will be interested to see how this lifestyle change works for you.
  • Roberta - thanks for finding that information. Hope you join us.

Meg, we are stationed at the same base with our husbands. So far, so good. I really like looking for those ingredients on the labels. It really makes finding food to eat so much easier. I hope you join us. I got the book for 12.49 through an online book club. I just got an email saying it shipped. I am so excited.

Rachel
  • I decided to put the rest of the family on this diet. I am gradually getting rid of food that does not follow this diet. I am going to rid my cabinets, and replace the items with only things that are good for you. It is so much easier that way. I am going to dedicate a cabinet to my husband , for things that he won't give up - you know men - and a snack area for the kids to get things they want for snacks. However, they will be GOOD for you snacks. Things I don't mind them eating. Okay. enough rambling. Just an idea that I had, I am going to start working on it after the gym. Yippee I am excited. Rachel
  • Chips & candy aren't a normal occurance but when they are in the house they get eaten up fast by everyone.

Roberta