Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Rightsize Smoothie Diet

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Right Size Smoothie diet. I have just started im not to sure about it but im going to try just wondering if you are on it do you have any good recipes for making the smoothies and would like to share or just talk about the product.

Karen

Old 05-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen - I found this website about the program:

http://www.rightsizeonline.com/

Are you drinking just the smoothies or are you using the
Vit-a-lean and AppAssure also??

Here's some recipes I found:

Best Smoothie

two scoops Vanilla RS powder
6 fresh strawberries
5 chunks pineapple
1/2 c fat free plain yogurt (extra shot of protein)
2 scoops Lite Cool Whip
4 cups water

blended in blender - OOH YUMM!!! Tastes so good!

Raspberry Lemonade

Lemonade (I use sugar free, like Crystal light)
one scoop berry RSM
1/2 cup frozen raspberries

It's delicious and very refreshing

Great Tasting Smoothies

for breakfast &/or lunch. Use orange juice, vanilla RS, cut up fresh kiwis, 2 tsp of powdered lime jellow out of box & blend. Can also use fresh fruit or frozen fruit of your choice in these. Also try to use diet V-8 fruit juice, vanilla or berry RS, with fruit blended in. When using frozen fruit, may want to partially thaw to keep from making drink like a frozen shake. All fresh or frozen fruits go well with any of the Right Size flavors as I have tried all.

Recipe w/ SILK and Vanilla Yogurt

I made my smoothie with 8 oz SILK (the soy milk) , a carton of Very Vanilla Yoplait light, and a scoop of chocolate Right Size and a few cubes of ice. Blended it till smooth with my Braun hand blender. Now that it has sat for about 30 minutes on the way to work -- It is SO THICK!!!! it's like a milkshake thru the straw!!! And you can't really taste the yogurt since it's vanilla. It just thickens it up!

Weight Buster Right Size Recipe

8 oz. of liquid nondairy creamer
1 scoop of Cool Whip
1 scoop of ANY flavor of Right Size
blend ice to desired thickness and enjoy!
**several participants have lost a significant amount of weight. You can not tell the difference between milk and nondairy creamer. Try it, you will like it!!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Abear thanks for the recipes Im just doing the smoothie for now

Old 05-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How long have you been on the program? Where do you get your smoothie mix from? Do you order it on-line or is there a local place you can get it?

I don't think I could do a weight loss program like this. I am the type that needs to feel like I really had a meal.....even if it is just a salad with no dressing. I guess, psychologically, I need the chewing and crunching! LOL

If you can do this type of program, I would think that summer is the perfect time. Those smoothies have got to be refreshing in the hot weather!!

Good Luck!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

A friend of mine is a distrubtor its expensive but worth a try i would just be happy to lose 30 pounds I just started yesterday and so far i am replacing one meal with a smoothie drink and eating light meals when i do the only bad part is you have to drink 8oz smoothie and then 8 oz water right after its hard to get the water down but im trying i think i will do better when it gets hot out and for the needing to chew i leave some chunks of ice so i can have something lol thanks for the good luck wishes im going to need them lol

Old 05-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by boggsZ
i would just be happy to lose 30 pounds
I need to lose much more than you.......and I want to try to lose at least 2 dress sizes by the time DD gets married in October!

8 oz of water is nothing once you get used to it. When I was pregnant with DS # 1, I had to drink 8 oz of water PER HOUR from the time I got up in the morning until I went to bed at night! It was to help stop premature labor. At first, I thought I was just gonna die from pushing all that water! Now, I can drink a 20 oz bottle of Sam's Choice water in no time and think nothing of it! On an average day, I drink over a gallon of water in addition to any tea or soft drinks that I also drink!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

oh i wish i could drink water like that i have to force it down but hope it will get easier and im bound to lose something im peeing my self to death lol

Old 05-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by boggsZ
im peeing my self to death
I know it's not funny....been there & done that.......but I am
just !!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

oh it is funny i just hope i lose something

Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I like the concept of the RS Smoothie but didn’t like the cost at all. I like to eat and I like to feel full so I took the concept and made it my own. I replaced their expensive smoothie mix with Designer Whey French Vanilla powder. For me, I like coffee so this is what I did.

~ 1c Skim milk,
~ 1/2 c cfat/sugar free vanilla yogurt,
~ 3 heaping teaspoons of Designer Whey FV powder
Add the following per your preference instant espresso, powdered creamer, Splenda.
8 ice cubes (using the travel blender I bought which makes the portion control easy).

You can replace the vanilla yogurt with any flavor just be sure it's FF/Sugar free and the items per your preference with fresh fruit. If you do this, watch the calories in the fruit. The milk and yogurt will give you calcium and the whey powder protein. Be sure to take vitamins, too, if you ever do any kind of meal replacement as you won't get everything you need from the replacements.

If you like Starbucks Frappacino’s, there is NO taste difference in the "recipe" provided above! You have to play around with the portions of each ingredient to get the taste just right.

I have 3 or 4 of these a day with each one being appx 200-220 cals. HUGE amounts of salad/veggies and 3 oz protein (chicken/fish) once a day (sometimes 2x a day with less smoothie). More veggies as I desire. Cost? Significantly less than the RSS mix. And I am never hungry. Great concept but the price for the RSS mix is just too high.

Last edited by MsJoanne; 04-06-2008 at 09:31 AM.