Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Health & Fitness > Weight Loss > Diets & Programs

Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jenny Craig anyone?

I just signed up for Jenny Craig yesterday. So far I am impressed! Anyone else?

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 04-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I havent tried Jenny Craig yet. Let us know how it works and if its easy to do.

On Monday, Im going back to low-carbing. I cant wait! Im going to check into a "Curves" that's not too far from us too. I really miss the workout there.

We live in a small neighborhood so I can walk the 3 streets that around right here around us.

Are you still walking for exercise, Amanda?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 04-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Pinkie Winky let us know

inquiring minds want to know.....yes it was advertised here something about a weeks worth of food...thats Jenny right?? is it expensive??? please let us know.
there isnt one tooo close.but I would like to know.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mowire
it was advertised here something about a weeks worth of food...thats Jenny right?? is it expensive???
The only center advertising a week of free food here is
Nutri-System.

The closest Jenny Craig to me is over an hour's drive...one
way!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:32 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

They have a special that is 20 lbs for $20
http://www.jennycraig.com/offer/ads/....asp?offerid=2

The food costs about $11-15 per day. You get everything you could possibly need, except parishables (milk, yogurt, fresh vegies and fruit). I don't mind spending the money on the food, some people might. That solves my biggest problem, portion and calorie control.

The menu is set up so that you have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and a snack. Here's an example, this is today's menu:

Sunshine Sandwich
1 orange
1 cup nonfat milk

1 cup nonfat yogurt
take my vitamins

Beef Chow Mein
Spinach Salad
Jenny's Dressing
8 peanuts

1 Banana

Pasta Fagioli
1 cup steamed zucchini
1 tbsp soft margarine (I probably won't use this)

Toffee Bites

Tomorrow will be my first check in. You get a one on one consultation with the same consultant all the time. I like that because you can discuss your specific needs, obstacles, etc. privately, not in a group setting.

The food is very good. There have only been two things I didn't really care for, but even those were ok. I've been a good girl and stuck with the menu. You do get free foods (all non strachy vegetables, pickles, sugar free jell-o, coffee, tea, etc) and there are some limited items as well.

I do know that the regular plans that they have can be a little expensive, but from what I have seen so far, if you are really set on losing weight, this is an excellent way to do it. I will keep you guys posted after tomorrow's consultation!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 04-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We're rooting for you, Amanda. Way to Gooooo! *s*

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone and thanks for the support!

Here's an update:

- the food is expensive, about $11-15 per day. However, the ONLY things you have to buy separate are perishables (milk, yogurt, fresh vegies and fruit). Other than that, everything is ncluded. For my plan, outside of Jenny's food, I buy (for 7 days) 7 fat free yogurts, 1/2 gallon fat free milk, salad and fruit. Of course I buy salad, yogurt, milk and fruit anyway, so this wasn't a big change.

- the food is GOOD. Very tasty, only had two things I didn't care for, but I don't hate them. Just not my taste. This week, so far, everything is delicious

- I have lost 4 pounds in the first week. My weigh in was on Wednesday afternoon, so this is a good sign!

- the first morning after my first day I felt a little sick, nausea. Once I got a few sips of coffee in me, I felt fine. Must have been the big dramatic drop in calories and not eating right before bed like I was doing LOL. Had no more episodes like that after the first day.

- Keeps me feeling pretty full. I eat often, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert. Not much time to get hungry ;-)

- Free foods include all the non-starchy vegetables I want, sugar free jell-o, and pickles (my favorite).

- there are several foods that are limited, you can have fat free salad dressing, three servings per day, 1 tbsp is a serving. Several other condiments are the same way, including fat free whipped topping

- the support is nice. You are one on one, not in a big group. Less time too, you aren't there for an hour and a half, more like 20-30 minutes.

- eventually they will show me how to prepare my own dishes so I won't have to keep buying their food. So that's good too.

Other updates: I am still walking my dog everyday with a friend and her dog. I don't dare miss it now, I look forward to it and so does Angel (my German Shepherd)! We walk for about 45 minutes. Kickboxing class ended last night, that was HARD! LOL This time I'm going to enroll for Pilates and Body Sculpting.

Till next week!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 04-28-2005, 06:30 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Forgot to check in last week, lost 2 more ounds then

This week (weighed in yesterday) I lost another 4 pounds! So now I am down 10 pounds in 3 weeks

I'm feeling good, but going out of town tomorrow so I'll write more later.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 04-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Way to gooooooooooo Amanda!

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 05-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!!!

hope you have a great day!!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson