Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-04-2005, 05:29 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you Debbie!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!

Happy Birthday to you........

Happy Birthday to you......

Happy Birthday dear Amanda.........

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

I was going to call and sing it to you but I figured that I would spare you this time!!

You are doing awesome on your diet!!! Keep up the good work!!

Any special plans for today???

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 02-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I see this thread hasn't been active in a while, but I'm just wondering if you're still doing Jenny Craig, did you like it after the first couple weeks and would you recommend it? I'm to the point where I have to realize that I can't do this on my own. I've joined weight watchers 3 times and it just isn't for me. I'd appreciate any input, thanks

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:27 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsZoo
I see this thread hasn't been active in a while, but I'm just wondering if you're still doing Jenny Craig, did you like it after the first couple weeks and would you recommend it? I'm to the point where I have to realize that I can't do this on my own. I've joined weight watchers 3 times and it just isn't for me. I'd appreciate any input, thanks
I am going to be completely honest with you Laura. I LOVE Jenny Craig, BUT it can be very expensive. The plan is excellent, the support is superb, everything is delicious. If you go into the program during one of their specials, then you will pay full price for the food, which ran me around $75-80 each week. If you buy their yearly plan, which is around $300, then you get a discount on the food, which brings you down around $40-50 each week. Then the membership ends up paying for itself.

Now if you can afford that and stick it out, they eventually wean you off the Jenny food and teach you how to make meals on your own. Then the price goes down considerably.

It really is a great plan. I lost 18 pounds in three months. But I had to quit, at that point I didn't have the extra cash. I am considering joining back up though. I think that the start up cost is worth it to get to the point where you are making your own stuff and still sticking to your plan.

I hope that helps!

P.S. You can go into a center and they will give you a free consulation. Plus you can look at the menu plans and see if the foods they offer would be something you would enjoy.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thank you so much Amanda! I think I will go in there and just see what kind of feel I get. I figured it was expensive so that's not a big surprise. I am glad to hear that you liked it, that was the main thing for me as far as if the food is good that you would want to stick with it. I may have to make some sacrifices to do it, but I have to do something because I just keep gaining. Thank you very much for your imput, I'll let you know what I decide... good luck to you if you start doing it again!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:10 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Thank you so much Amanda! I think I will go in there and just see what kind of feel I get. I figured it was expensive so that's not a big surprise. I am glad to hear that you liked it, that was the main thing for me as far as if the food is good that you would want to stick with it. I may have to make some sacrifices to do it, but I have to do something because I just keep gaining. Thank you very much for your imput, I'll let you know what I decide... good luck to you if you start doing it again!
I have a big expense here at home that I need to cover, which should be taken care of in the next week or so. Then I am pretty sure I'll be heading back over there! Let me know what you think after your consultation

Oh yeah, I think I can get a referral out of that if you join! So if you do, use my name

Amanda Formaro in Henderson, Nevada
Old 03-01-2006, 05:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Will do!!

Old 03-10-2006, 07:15 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just wanted to let you know that I did go ahead and start Jenny Craig again I started back on it almost a week ago. Tomorrow I go in for my check in. It went pretty well this week, though I only walked a couple of times this week.

I will keep you posted!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Amanda... I hope all is well with JC! I haven't started yet, but I'm hoping to within the next couple weeks. I'm trying to save up some money so I don't feel like I have to come up with all this money for food!! I hope your weigh in went well... keep me posted!

Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
I hope your weigh in went well... keep me posted!
Not bad, I lost just under a pound but I didn't exercise at all last week. It got really cold here and my walking partner was sick.

I am on my way out the door to go walking with her so we can get back on track.

My temptation this week is Girl Scout cookies LOL They arrived yesterday. It's funny though, I had a few cookies (ok 6), but I didn't have the urge to finish the entire box like I normally do! LOL

Also, JC has these "Anytime Bars", and the one I have is choolate peanut butter mmmmmm. They are used in place of daily vitamins and one milk serving.

Plus, now the menus have more options. There are more fruit and milk servings than there were before, so I like that.

I've also been making sugar free jell-o, which really helps when I have a sweet craving!

Ok, off to walking