Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

The South Beach Diet is easy to follow...recipes are great...I've found a couple that I don't care for... but others that were fantastic. My favorite one is Marinated London Broil. That one is great. I've been one Phase 2 for a week now and only lost 1 lb. this week. That's a little disappointing but gotta take the bad with the good. Right ladies!? I have noticed a difference in my belly area... that's where its suppose to come from first!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

sjrussell: I am on week 2 of phase 2 and find this way of eating is very easy to stick with. We went out last night to The Mandarin Restaurant which is buffet style and I stuck with only those foods that are allowed - lean meats, salads, vegetables, fresh fruit and I didn't feel deprived and no one else I was with even noticed that I was cutting anything out. The Mandarin even has some sugarless desserts.
I have incorporated some suggestions from other books now that I am on phase 2, like making sure to eat a protein with any carb item i.e. never eating a carb by itself. I was having trouble with my blood sugar going too low in the first few days of Phase 2 but I am figuring out what to eat to keep it level and I am finally getting more energy! In the past, I have had to have a nap every day but the last two days, I rested in the afternoon for about half an hour but couldn't fall asleep so I just got up and I felt refreshed. So I can see the day coming when I don't need an afternoon rest.
I also notice that I am more clear-headed in general, not so foggy and groggy. Just a few of the benefits of cutting out sugar so far!
All the best to everyone!
Lorraine.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Another thing I noticed...I used to get heartburn every evening...I know it was from drinking 6-7 cans of diet coke every afternoon Now on this diet I haven't taken any medicine for heartburn in 3 weeks and I feel so much better. I stay with water and my decaf tea in the AM with breakfast and I'm fine!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:02 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello I am debi and have been on Southbeach since sept with a loss of 35#s now. I find it easy on the beach and I have 115 pounds to go. If I can help with any questions I will be glad to help. I exercise 4 to 5 days a week and it really helps. I have had a few falls but got up dusted off and dug my toes back in hte beach. Debi
Old 01-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Debi Welcome to Family Corner and our South Beach Diet thread!!

This forum has become such a great place for support for me. Ive fallen off the diet and have to get back on. I just cant seem to stay focused on it. I was on it for 2 weeks before and then I stopped when some unexpected traveling came into our lives but havent started again since weve been home. I really want to start again!! I think what I need to do is just clear my entire house of food that will temp me. That way I wont have anything to fall back on!!

You are doing a great job!!! What kinds of exercises are you doing? Im assuming youre still in phase 2 ....are you following it strictly or not? I would love to hear more!!

We also have another thread where we share recipes, tips, menus and such..... You can find it here:
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...s=&forumid=589

I hope to get to know you better Make yourself at home here on the boards. There are a lot of different topics to join in on!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by ajrsmom; 01-29-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello and thanks for the welcome. I am doing 45 min a day 4 or 5 days a week and 30 to 45 min on the weight machines. I find south beach so easy! I am following the plan very closely with an occsional planed cheat but only a few times since I started in sept. I feel so good and not all the problems we have when we eat to much. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. If anyoneneeds a recipe for something I have tons and will try to find one that you want. Have a great weekend!
Debi
Old 02-24-2004, 06:06 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You've convinced me

I've been toying with the idea of doing the SB diet for a few weeks. My sisters are on Atkins, but I don't think I could stick to that. I've read all the posts in this thread -- You guys are doing GREAT. You've really inspired me. I'm starting today.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

SBDiet

Good for you VickiLynn! The first couple of days are the toughest - hang in there! I just love this way of eating and find it easy and healthful! Lorraine.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Day 1 went well, I think. This seems too easy, and it's hard to wrap my brain around the idea that some fat is OK. Also, limiting the caffine is going to be a challenge. I woke up with a nasty headache. I found this unofficial SB website that has a lot of information and good recipes: www.southbeach-diet-plan.com
Old 02-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

If it's Atkins Friendly it should be South Beach friendly....

Today's Recipe Is Atkins Diet Friendly

Chocolate Angel Food Cake

Ingredients:
8 eggs, separated
6-10 pkts Splenda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 pkg. Swiss Miss® Fat Free w/Splenda hot cocoa
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsp Chocolate flavor Protein Powder
(Designer Protein, Protein 95, ProFormix, Soy
Pro, etc.)
1/4 cup soy flour

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Beat egg whites with cream of tartar. Add 3 pkts
Splenda and beat until stiff but not dry.

In a separate bowl, mix the yolks with remainder
of
Splenda (amount variation is to allow for your
sweetness level preference) and 1/2 package of
hot
cocoa mix. Add 1/2 Tbsp cocoa and mix well. Take
a
spoonful of white mixture and blend into yolk
mixture.
Pour the yolk mixture over the whites and sift
the
remaining Swiss Miss mix, cocoa powder, chocolate
protein powder and soy flour over this. Fold all
of
this together, gently and spoon into a small
Bundt pan
or loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake
at
350° for 20 minutes or until firm. Do not over
bake.
Frost with chocolate frosting or peanut butter
frosting
if desired.

Approx 26 carbs, 4 fiber in entire cake without
frosting.

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."