Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-31-2004, 07:38 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was taking apple cider vinegar pills to help relieve headaches which it did but I also took them about 1/2 before meals and I lost about 20 lbs. I don't know if I am exception to the rule but it worked for what I needed it to. Good luck!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Apple Cider Vinegar - benefits of-comes from an old book. I have read it. It was written by a doctor in Vermont, years ago. The title is something like "Old Folk Remedies". He claims apple cider vinegar is good for a lot of things. The one I remember most is that spoonful in a glass of water, sipped slowly - tsp at a time - will cure stomach "bug" because it kills bacteria. He recommends taking a glass of water with the cider vinegar in it before meals so you won't get sick if the food happens to be tainted. (remember this was written a long time ago). I have known people who took it before meals to help lose weight but I don't know if this was in the book. From what I've read, I think that probably real apple cider vinegar won't hurt and may help you keep healthy. It was obviously something people believed in past generations and many times those "old folk remedies" and "old wives tales" were right.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

It is supposed to be good for almost everything, but it sure tastes terrible.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes, That was the reason that I started this thread in the first place -- It tastes soooo bad that I wanted to make sure it was worth all the effort of gagging it down --

I'm going to start trying it with a teaspoon of honey now -- hopefully that will help and the honey is good for you anyway

***I'd have to have a really bad stomach to sip it slowly though***

Old 01-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Don't waste your efforts on this one. It's strictly one of those fad diets and won't do a thing for you. In fact, this was just mentioned in a Mayo Clinic newsletter and also WebMD when they had an article on all the diets out there today. The consensus is that just watching calories and eating sensibly is the only way to go.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

It's good for you...

my grannie swore by it. She said it was good for belly ache...and just good for you inside and out in general! We use it for sunburns...put it in a cool bath and soak our red skin! It is very healing, period. I have not taken it daily, but think I will start incorporating it in my regime...maybe not daily...but 2 or 3 times a week.
mommy to India, Taylor and Trinity
Old 02-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My pastor told me to take a TBSP in the morning and it would help with my kidney stone problem. I am not sure what this is based on, but I have not had near so much trouble with stones since I started. If you dilute the vinegar in a glass of ice water and sweeter it a little, it is not so bad. Another plus---my kids no longer sneak drinks from my glass of "water", so I guess to them it still is yucky.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I read where Lauren Bacall drinks cider vinegar before she has a meal. You know probably a tbls in water.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow, you all have come up with some interesting tidbits

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study to see if any of the properties that we attribute to cider vinegar are for real

It's nice to know that it seems to help with kidney stones -- my mom has a problem with them -- I'll pass this bit of info on
Old 02-02-2004, 04:55 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I don;t know if this will help but I think the vinger is for health. I have a great-aunt that has been taking a teaspoonful of vinger and a glass of water for many years. She is in her late 80's early 90's and still going strong. She also likes to drink pickle juice according to my dad but I don't think that is for heath as much as she likes the taste or so he says. Hope that helps a little.