Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-23-2002, 04:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Need Recipe Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie

My DH wants to start making his own sugar free pies. Made two pies today. He added a couple of tablespoons of Splenda for sweetnes. He also used regular milk instead of the canned. Figured let him learn how to make it himself otherwise it will be my job. First off he did not have the deep pie crusts so he had to run to the store to buy some. Did not realize you had to put them on a cookie sheet. That would have been a mess. Finally the trick to see if it was done. He really learned alot about making pies today. They came out pretty good without sugar. Does anyone have a favorite they use?;-)
Old 07-23-2002, 05:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Here are two different ones:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/3 cup granulated artificial sweetener
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup dry milk powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar substitute, salt, pumpkin pie spice, water, and instant milk; mix until smooth and creamy. Pour filling into a unbaked pie shell. Grate nutmeg over filling. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees) for 13 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue to cook another 40 to 45 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
16 packets aspartame artificial sweetener

In a large saucepan, combine gelatin, cornstarch, spices and salt. Stir in pumpkin and evaporated milk. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture bubbles; cook and stir for 2 minutes after bubbling. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, gradually stir about 1 cup of cooked mixture into beaten eggs. Return to remaining mixture in saucepan and cook over low heat for 2 minutes; do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in artificial sweetener after filing has cooled to 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Pour mixture into pie crust; cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream if desired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 (9 inch) pie shell
1 egg
6 packets granulated artificial sweetener
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl whisk together egg, sugar substitute, and pumpkin pie spice until well blended. Add pumpkin and milk to egg mixture, and stir until smooth. Pour mixture into pie shell. Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until set in center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Pumpkin Pie

Thank You for the two recipes. I will try them both. I especially like the one you do not bake sounds easy.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:09 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

No sugar added pumpkin cheesecake

Here's a recipe for a no-sugar added pumpkin cheesecake. It's simply dreamy! The recipe comes from Dessert Every Night by Joanna Lund. It has aroung 200 dessert recipes, all of which are safe for diabetics. Note that there is a small amount of sugar in some ingredients, such as the crust and Cool Whip Lite.

Holiday Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (fat-free if you prefer)
1 4-oz. package butterscotch sugar-free instant pudding mix
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cups (one 15-oz. can) pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 6-oz. premade graham cracker pie crust
3/4 cup Cool Whip Lite
2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts

Soften the cream cheese and then stir until smooth. Add dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Spead mixture into picrust. Evenly spread Cool Whip Lite over filling and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 8 servings.

My notes:
The recipe says to separate the Cool Whip Lite by adding 1/4 cup Cool Whip Lite to the filling along with the pumpkin pie spice and spreading 1/2 cup on top of pie; I just use the whole 3/4 cup on top and it tastes wonderful to me, plus there's less measuring to be done.

I love Pumpkin Cheesecake! I was born on Thanksgiving so any dessert with pumpkin is a winner with me!

Susan