Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 03-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

7 layer jello recipe

Originally posted by TraciDD in Feb. WFD Thread

7 layer jello recipe

4 3oz. packages of jello (any flavors) can use sugar-free
1 pint sour cream
2 envelopes Knox gelatin
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups milk
1 cup sugar (I use splenda)

Grease 13x9 pan and chill. Dissolve 1 package of jello in 1 cup hot water add 1/2 c. cold water, pour in pan and refrigerate to set. Bring to a boil 2 cups milk add sugar. Dissolve knox gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water, add the milk and sugar mix. Add sour cream and vanilla. Beat until well blended. When fairly cool, add 1 1/2 cups to jello in pan. Refrigerate. When sticky to touch add next layer of jello. And repeat process letting each set before add next. Should end with jello layer. My kids really like when I use a glass pan so they can see the layers.
Old 10-18-2003, 02:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Originally posted by momofjems in Sept 2003 WFD

Jello fruit salad

Mix the following together:
1 container of coolwhip
1 container of cottage cheese
1 pkg. jello (I usually use strawberry)(pour it in dry, don't make it up first)
fruit (with strawberry I use frozen strawberries or raspberries or bananas) your taste will tell you how much to put in
1 large spoon of sour cream. I then refrigerate it for a while to let everything set up.

The other fruit salad is just a mixture of all kinds of fresh and canned fruit, your favorites, for mine I add........ cut up apples, bananas, canned mandarin oranges, canned chunk pineapple, both canned fruits are drained real well, then with those fruits I add chopped walnuts, coconut and mini marshmellows. After that, I add a container of cool whip, more if needed.