Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-26-2002, 09:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Brushing Teeth

I am new to this board and I am looking for advice for my 29 month old ds. He likes to brush his teeth but wants to swallow his kids toothpaste. He loves the taste of it and screams for more!! I know he is still young and this is just to get him used of this, but it is very frustrating. Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:22 AM

Buy the kind with NO flouride. That way if he swallows it, it won't hurt him.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I acquired my grandchildren due to medical neglect a year and a half ago. Both had to have surgery on their teeth to repair them as they were so decayed. Anyway, having 2 children of school age who did not know how to brush their teeth was challenging. I investigated everything I could and here is what I discovered.

1) If you brush his teeth every day and explain the process each time, it WILL become habit.

2) Find either Sprouts or Nick Jr channel as one of them has a teeth brushing song that will help him understand the process of brushing his teeth. I tried to find the song on YouTube with no luck. Their version is simple and catchy.

3) Give him a mirror so he can see that he is brushing his front parts, back parts, and crown parts of his teeth.

Good luck.