Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

I think I have it now again by mistake LOL these are the hooks I'd use, I put/screw the open ended ones into the plastic coated wire and screw the closed loop screw into the door.
So that your wire becomes the curtain rod and you just hook them in, they are quite strong. When you leave or want to put the blinds back up you can just fill the screw holes in the door with putty and touch up with paint.
Of course find the right sized crews that fit the wire end.
Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out in whatever you decide to do with the doors
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thats the stuff Bilby!! Mack tack is a plastic coating some people use it to line their closet shelves etc. But it also comes in clear frost that you can't see through. We bought an older house and for some reason their is a huge window in the bathtub/shower. We used the frosted mack tack to cover the window. Again its inexpensive...just measure the window and your mack tack and cut with scissors or utility knife..peel away the backing and stick on a little at a time to prevent bubbles.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We bought what your calling Mack Tack, though it is contact paper, or shelf paper here. We bought the clear and it looks frosted when applied to our window panes on our doors. As our house has a huge window in each of the doors and for privacy we wanted to cover them, all except we left one window pane open to look out. One house we lived in we applied the clear contact paper to the window in the bathroom, so you couldn't see in, besides putting up a curtain. I hope this help, also you can buy a design in contact paper to match your decor. My Mother does this all the time to her front window panes in her door.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denahowy
We bought what your calling Mack Tack, though it is contact paper, or shelf paper here.
Thanks for confirming that for me.

Is Contact paper easily removable?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yes, contact paper removes easily and is easily replaceable to, like you change the theme or such, if you do a designed pattern.
I hope that helps you.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:10 AM
Nine Year Member

I thought contact paper came in three kinds of 'tacky-ness.' Be careful you don't get the permanent kind!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have never had that problem, contact paper is easy to remove. My Mom has used it for years on her window panes on her door and it removes without our a problem. We also have used it on our window panes on our doors without a problem. I have never heard of it being permnent in my life unless someone applied it differently.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Want to brighten up dull windows in your home...

I have 2 large size windows in my kitchen...even with lace drapes on them I wanted something different...I didn't want to have to keep hanging drapes on them...I had hubby remove the inside windows and I painted on them...yep painted on them...with Gallery Glass.Now you don't have to be a expert painter to do this...I had a blast doing the windows and even did my living room window which is 105" wide...

Here are some pictures of the kitchen windows and the living room window I did...For the living room window I did each piece seperate...all the birds,bird houses,flowers,leaves and branches are all seperate pieces and then I placed them where I wanted them...

The kitchen windows are all done in one piece right on the glass except for the birds and the butterflies,those are seperate pieces...

I even did the bathroom mirror...If you have a mirror that is not in the best shape...use gallery glass to cover the spots that you want covered...

I did the windows in my grandson's room with different Winnie The Pooh characters...and in my other grandson's room I did an underwater theme on his windows...For my granddaughter I did butterflies and dragonflies on her windows...

Easy to remove from windows and mirrors...just peel them off...

Notice all the snow we have outside the living room window,lol...
Attached Images

Last edited by BuddyBeanieBaby; 02-10-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member

BBB - please explain Gallery Glass, do you paint a design then peel it off and stick it one the window or do you do the design right on the window? These pictures are beautiful and I am already thinking of the girls bedrooms. I wonder how 'see through' they are, does it depend on the colors....oh never mind I just read your post more thoroughly, you can do both, makethem ahead or apply it right to the window! I guess any art supply store would have it.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Last edited by ellenmelon; 02-10-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenmelon
BBB - please explain Gallery Glass, do you paint a design then peel it off and stick it one the window or do you do the design right on the window? These pictures are beautiful and I am already thinking of the girls bedrooms. I wonder how 'see through' they are, does it depend on the colors....oh never mind I just read your post more thoroughly, you can do both, makethem ahead or apply it right to the window! I guess any art supply store would have it.
Ellen...you can purchase Leading Blanks,these are used to do individual items...You use Liquid Leading for the outlines and allow that to dry and then fill in with Gallery Glass Paints...Alot of the things that I have made with Gallery Glass I downloaded pictures off the internet...Pattern Books can get expensive...Also you can do your own designs as well...the Gallery Glass gives your windows and mirrors a Stained Glass look...and the areas that are not covered in Gallery Glass Paints you can fill in with the Crystal Clear Liquid,this gives you more privacy and it goes on white but dries clear...