Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Nine Year Member

Fall Decorating

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I chose Decorating-Other!

Anyway....I am starting my fall decorating. I have lots of fall silk flowers (mostly from the dollar store) and other cute fall stuff. I bouth a few hangable scarecrows and a really cute standing scarecrow.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love all the colors.

Anyone else start any fall decorating?

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I love fall,too!

Hi I also love fall,my favorite season of the year.I decorate for all holidays,even the small ones,lol.I've not done a whole lot of decorating,yet,but I have 3 small trees in my house(artificial,of course) and I decorate each of them.The largest is 5 foot and in my living room....I usually put lots of lights on it and I have pumpkin "caps" that go over some of the lights.Then I add leaves or leaf garland and some kind of pumpkin tree topper(whatever I come up with that looks cute,lol). I also make tree skirts for the trees with different fabric at Walmart.It is really too cute and I get lots of compliments over my trees I also set out fall related knick knacks on my coffee table,and a pumpkin glass dish with fall candies in it..and of course,lots of fall candles! Love candles! On my woodburning stove I put a watering can full of fall leaves and flowers...looks really pretty next to the black of the stove. On my patio,I change my goose' clothes to fall related ones and add pumpkins and a fall door mat. And also can't forget window clings....there are really cute ones to choose from now I do some other things but this is what comes to the top of my head Happy fall decorating!!

Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 09-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

i love fall tooo. i love to decorate. i decorate for all the holidays for falli have already made fall curtains for my pantry and kitchen put ou t my falling leaf dish collection and placemats and leaf platter fall flowers my front porch has two scarecrows sitting with pumpkins and a big fall wreath on the dppr an the leaf bags like jackolanterns all over the yard so far
Old 09-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I put out a couple of things in the yard over the weekend and today ds wants to make a scarecrow. It's still early and probally to warm to go for pumpkins. I do plan on getting some Mums this week.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Fall Decorating

Hi Everybody! I love fall, my BD is the first day of fall,maybe thats why, but its just a pretty time of year here in N.H. I put up my decorations last week. Alot of you know I collect teddy bears so needless to say thats the main focus in my decorating. I made the cutest teddy bear scarecrow for the front, door and on the back door I have a wreath with tiny tedybear scarecrows, and since I also do my windows in the living room window I have Cherished teddy window clings and the sill is lined with raffia with teddy bear fall, figurines, my dh just bought me the cutest antique hay wagon with teddybearsin it on a hay ride (so adorable)The other windows I have more teddy bear halloween window clings and Outside on the porch I hung a fall teddy bear flag I just bought . Anyone interested you can buy the cutest flags on line from www.Flags for Sail.com (sail is spelled sail not sale) They have all kinds of flags not just teddy bear flags and they are fade resistant, Ive been buying flags from them for 4 yrs. and they are the nicest ones Ive seen. You cann find them in alot of gift shops also, but you get to see their whole line ont he web
Happy Decorating
Sandie
A room without a teddy bear is like a face without a smile!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:59 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Everybody,

I love fall too- we have the most gorgeous weather here in northeast Ohio in the fall- when it's not snowing or raining.
I love fall decorating: I just got a new autumn leaves and pumpkin plaque to hang on the front door, replacing my summery Welcome plaque. I change the arrangement on the table in the entry hall to reflect the season, but so far I haven't thought of a nice new display- a basket of gourds or apples is nice but I've done it before.

I also like to press colorful leaves. Last year I pressed lots of them between two short boards with bricks atop. The leaves dry out very well, and can then be scattered around or used in a display. I even used some of my leaves as the sole decorations on my autumn wedding cake three years ago, for which I am (in)famous!

I am making apple crisp about every other day now with our delicious early McIntoshes. Another thing I do is use the various autumn print fabrics I could not resist buying.
I improvise table runners, table- and picnic clothes, and just generally drape it around.

I really love fall, can't wait for Halloween !