Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Around the Home > Home Decorating & Repair > Decorating - Living Room/Den

Old 07-20-2002, 01:57 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Displaying several 8x10 prints

I went a little crazy on eBay LOL and bought eight 8x10 prints with a country theme for my living room. Now I need a creative way to display them instead of just framing and hanging.

A couple of things I thought of:

1) put in plain frames and hang a long shelf fairly high, but not too high. Stand all the prints next to each other on the shelf. Only drawback here is some of them are landscape and some are portrait.

2) Thought of hanging them all right next to each other, 4 on top, 4 on bottom. But they aren't simple drawings, they are more detailed, so I think that would be too busy. :p

Below is an example of what the prints are like, so as you can see I don't think they would look good bunched together. Any ideas??
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-22-2002, 04:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How about using very large mats and frames?

You could put the 8x10's in 11x17 frames with a wide mat or even mat two together in a poster size frame.
If the frames and mats are all the same color, white or cream would make them less busy, they will match whether they are landscape or portrait. Also group the pictures widely spaced, this will help ease the eye.

Good luck!

Monica
Old 07-27-2002, 06:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

four room-panel divider

If you want to get real creative, you could either purchase or build a very simple, four-panel divider for your room (and put two pictures in each panel. Maybe use a old rustic grey color or a deep color that compliments the country theme or color of your room.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:07 PM
kellyandkids

Nice find

I like the idea of the room divider with 'art' panels. I've seen them in furniture store but I bet a Pier 1 types would carry something like it.

However, if you have large wall, I have seen nine panel frames that would fit your 8x10's. Sorry I could not find the link to the art store in Duluth that I know carries it. An artist there used the panels to show her photographs. The piece was offered customized as to the photos I liked. Try an framing shop and network out form there. Ninth panel? Blank or a mirror?
Old 07-28-2002, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Amanda....

Wish we could see all the pics..but those that are countryish..like the apples in the wagon.......how about some on a diagonal?

It would be sooooo much easier if we all could come to your house and play with Angel and see the pics.....*chuckle*

Jeannie
Old 07-28-2002, 09:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Did you want to use all of them in the living room? You mentioned that you went overboard. In the event that all of them are too much for the space, have you considered using them throughout your home? If you whole home has the country theme/style you might be able to pick out some for the foyer, hallway, kitchen, powder room, etc. You wouldn't want overkill with these portraits EVERYWHERE but maybe spread some out a little? Just an idea.

Good luck! The one you posted is beautiful and, I have to agree, it would be nice to see them all!
Old 07-29-2002, 04:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

There are big "screens" like those oriental screens that you can put 8X10s in to display. Most of the ones I have seen are like three folds and are either black or like pine color.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What about purchasing an old wooden window with the divided panes and displaying them in that. We have one that has 4 panes and I have displayed 8 X 10 photos of my grandparents house in the woods taken during each of the seasons. Maybe that will work for some or all of your pictures.