Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Around the Home > Home Decorating & Repair > Decorating - Bedrooms

Old 08-30-2002, 03:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Question Teddy Bears

DD collects teddybears, she has tons of them. I am trying to figure out somehow to decorate her room with them tastefully. Right now I have them tacked to the walls, sitting on shelves, on the bed, dressers. I have run out of room!!!!
I would like somehow to display them. I have tried to talk her into giving some of them to charity, like toys she doesn't play with anymore, but it is what she collects and she wants to keep them, understandably.
Any Suggestions would be great
TIA
otheila
Old 08-31-2002, 02:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This is a toughie. I understand the collecting but maybe you can put some away in storage until she is older. My dd bedroom was filled with EVERY beanie babie there is. Fortuneatly I was able to talk her into packing them away except for a few of them.

A big deal breaker for us was my dd allergies. They are bad so too many stuffed items are not a good idea. They collect dust that people do not seem to remember to clean (I vacuumthem every time I do the room).

Hopefully you can come to an agreement about all those stuffed teddy bears .. Good Luck!
Old 09-02-2002, 11:47 AM
AngOck

teddy bears

What about putting a shelf about 6 inches down all the way around her room. She should be able to fit a lot on them - make them about 8 or 10". You can buy white board at a local Home Depot or other store of this type - fairly cheap. If you aren't too concerned about looks - they have white metal shelf supports - or if you or husband are pretty handy, wood ones would look nice.
I have also put up those triangle shaped hamocks for animals. It's quite amazing how much can fit in one of those! Choose a corner and put 2 or 3 in it.
Hope this helps!
Angie
Old 09-02-2002, 04:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

WOW..teddy bears! I love teddy bears!

My DDIL has a collection....lots of teddybears....she put shelves up...and there is where they sit.......all around the room...we call it the teddybear room!..... *s* She has some in corner hammocks too..

Would love to see a picture once you have it done.. *s*
Jeannie
Old 09-03-2002, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Y'all...

If you have a multitude of stuffed animals and don't know what to do with them.....may I suggest that you donate them to your
local police or sheriff's dept.

The Law Officers give them to children in stressed situations....
and helps calm them down....

Hospitals have a sanitary problem with toys...as you can understand.... *s* That's not saying you're not clean. I hope you understand what I am saying..... *s*

Jeannie
Old 09-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you for the many ideas.
My aunt ( who is in her late 70's) keeps getting her stuffed animals. Although I have asked her to cut down she doesn't listen very well She comes up from down home every couple of months and she brings bags and bags of them up with her, big garden bags full !!!! She drops these at her sisters place for me to go through. I pick out ones that dd would like ( texture/softness or ones that are part of a collection boyds, gund ect....) which is only about 1/4 of the amount that's there.Last time I only took 2 of the bears out of 6 bags. The rest we give to Family SOS and from there it gets distrubed to police, fire stations, emergency social workers and what is left goes directly to the kids of SOS. ( they do get alot of the toys) It is the same place I give grown out of clothes to.

As of right now there is 4 teddy bear hammocks in her room. There is a small alcove that there is a vanity above that has shelves 4 feet long 4 of them taking it up the ceiling. There is no paint left visable on her walls I have them strung from ceiling down to where the furniture height is (at least she can't bump into her walls and hurt herself :p a padded cell (( bad joke I know))
At last count there was over 300.
I have asked dd to stop with the teddy bears ( I know I could stop choosing the ones out I am to blame) but she honestly does love them, she asked to get rid of all her other toys just to keep the teddies. She's only 4.
They get washed 1 time a year and put out on the line every second month and dusted once a week.
I was thinking of maybe making a teddy tree in one corner of her room, instead of leaves having teddies on it????????????