Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Around the Home > Home Decorating & Repair > Decorating - Bedrooms

Old 01-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

bed headboard

I saw a really nice dressing for the wall behind your bed if you don't have headboard. I suppose it would work with a headboard.
Take 3 grape vine wreaths 2 small and 1 larger, place the larger one high above the center of the bed. the 2 smaller ones halfway down at the edges of your bed.
Take a window scarf cordinating to your bedroom fold it in half place through the center wreath and take the remaming material and pull through the other 2 wreaths so that it swags. Have equal fabric hanging down from the 2 lower wreaths towards the edges of your bed.
Just thought I'd pass on this idea.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:51 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That sounds very pretty! Thanks for passing that on!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 01-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I bet if you modified this a bit and hung one above the bed and 2 on the wall, and draped them with netting or lace you could make a fairly economical modified canopy! Just an idea. Kinda romantic sounding......hmmmmmm I may try this as I am getting ready to totally redo my bedroom.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I tried this behind the day bed in the computer room. It looks awesome. I have yellow and grey walls, the wall where the bed is against is mostly yellow and I used a grey tulle. For the wreaths I used heart shaped and hot glued some ivy, daisy's , and peach rose buds to the tops of each heart. I really like the look of this one.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Another headboard idea!

My daughters bed (queen size) also serves as the guest bed when company comes. I had an single mattress that I didn't know what to do with and didn't want to throw out. So I took a flat sheet that matched the comforter on my daughters bed and wrapped the mattress then loosely sewed it (for removal to later wash) so it would stay taunt and not slip. I put it at the head of her bed trapping it between the bed and wall and now she has a headboard/back rest. Since a mattress is at least 4inches thick it serves as a shelf for her stuffed animals, which are removed when guest come. My parents came at christmas and both read in bed every night, it worked perfectly. I imagine you would need a queen or king size bed, because of the length of a single mattress, but it could be wrapped with any type of material to cordinate the room.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Very clever idea!
Old 11-01-2002, 08:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle awesome headboard

HEHEHE couldnt resist!!! Anyway I was watching a crafting show I believe that it was called trash to treasure......They used aa old door with the depressed pannels and they stripped the paint off and varnished it and then mounted it behind the bead it looked beautiful.....Am in the process of making it ourselves the DH and I....yet they paint wont budge so we are planning to paint the whole door a solid color cordinated to the pale colors of our room and the depressed pannels another color...we shall see!!!!!:p :p :p :p
Old 11-01-2002, 08:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

opps

I just noticed on my previous post my spelling is awful!!!!! Sorry hope you can understand it?!