Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Whats your bathroom like?

We've done Kitchens and Bedrooms, now what about the bathroom.

Mine has white walls with forest green and burgandy accents....those are my two favorite colours.
I am renting right now but , if I get my own place my ideal bathroom would have a big jaccuzzi type tub....so I could just sit and relax all day...LOL

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Last edited by emajmom; 11-08-2002 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I like light colors throughout my house, including the bathroom. So my bathroom is white, with seablues and greens (towels, rugs, curtains). I try to avoid fuss and muss in there, so I don't decorate it or put much on the walls. But there are plenty of places for magazines, your glasses, a cup of camomile tea, a place to put candles, and your stereo and headphones... Also I keep plenty of interesting and different stuff for the bath - bubble baths and foam baths and oil-scented baths, etc...
Old 11-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

Forest green and burgundy are lovely colours that harmonize well. Since they are "rich" colours, how about adding some gold accessories? Gold towel bars, toilet paper holders, etc. would look nice.

~Melanie
Old 11-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Shortly after we bought this house, JCPEnney had a towel sale and they have this beautiful shade of sage green towels I bought a bunch and cream-colored too, and had the paint matchd to the green. The tiles and toilet are the same color cream. On the wall's towel rack, I have the cream towels and then over them the green hand-towels. On the shower-door, thee is a bar for towels, and there I have the green towels with a cream hand-towel over. The contrast is just lush. I found a wallpaper border on clearance at WalMart that is green marbleized diamonds, that is at the top of the bathroom. I have a color-coordinated basket filled with stuff, emphasis on green and cream, like bath soaps, body wash, loofas. The sink/vanity are not in there, they're part of the bedroom/dressing area.

Rani
Old 11-09-2002, 03:55 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

12 arial purple
My bathroom has a lot of white (the only place in the house besides the kitchen where I like white). The walls are a light cool purple kakhi and everything else is white. My husband and I tiled the bathroom ourselves. The tile on the floor is a cream and grey mix and the shower is all white with charcole grey grout. The shower curtain is clear so that it feels more open. it is quite small in there. The only other color I have in there is a mix of blue and white glass pieces that I have glued on the window in a mosaic fashion for privacy. I don't like miniblinds on bathroom windows in the shower, they get all moldy and yucky. It is very contemporary and clean looking.
Old 11-09-2002, 04:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My second bathroom was the last room in the house to get "done" and it's a real composite job! The tub and toilet are blue and the cabinetry is blue and white, with white tiles, so we were pretty tied to blue. It was wallpapered in a blue and white colonial floral, not my taste at all. I painted over the wallpaper in off-white that was leftover from elsewhere in the house. Then I took the blue paint leftover from my daughter's room, the pale pink leftover from the kitchen and family room, the sage green leftover from my bathroom; I diluted all the other colors and very softly ragged them over the white basecoat. It looks like a misty watercolor and is absolutely gorgeous. Smokey blue towels tied it all up. I had an old shelf that matched the style, and a predominantly blue etching. We'd been given a large tri-fold mirrored medicine cabinet and a salvaged 4-bulb lighting fixture, so the entire cost of the decor was the cost of towels and a matching shower curtain from Target. Because I painted over the wallpaper, the slight paper texture shows through, so I've had people ask me where I found that lovely water-color wallpaper. And it's all done with paint!

Rani
Old 11-09-2002, 04:50 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

bathroom

The bathroom is part of what made me want to buy this house. The walls are papered with purple and yellow pansies. It has a yellow swag shower curtain, and in the summer, I use yellow rugs; in the winter I use purple rugs. I have a eycluptus swag with purple and yellow lillies and pansies over the sink bulk head. It is just so beautiful in there. I don't think I'll ever change it.
Old 11-10-2002, 02:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

my bathroom right now has beige wall paper,which im taking off,got part off any way,,then iwas thinking about sponge painting it, to a light blue,i bought navy blue swag shower curtains,the kind you tie back,would you have any ideas on anything that might make it look better..any suggestions would help...
Old 11-10-2002, 03:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

LILYS BATH

Quote:
Originally posted by Lily
12 arial purple
My bathroom has a lot of white (the only place in the house besides the kitchen where I like white). The walls are a light cool purple kakhi and everything else is white. My husband and I tiled the bathroom ourselves. The tile on the floor is a cream and grey mix and the shower is all white with charcole grey grout. The shower curtain is clear so that it feels more open. it is quite small in there. The only other color I have in there is a mix of blue and white glass pieces that I have glued on the window in a mosaic fashion for privacy. I don't like miniblinds on bathroom windows in the shower, they get all moldy and yucky. It is very contemporary and clean looking.

Lily where did you find your blue and white glass pieces? I would like something like that to put on my dining room glass door for privacy instead of the curtain......thanks, crys
Old 11-11-2002, 09:54 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I just redid my bathroom less than a year ago. I stenciled suflowers around the top of the walls. I have embroidered sunflowers on yellow towels with our names on them all (a gift). Then I have different suflower things hanging on the walls which are country white. My mom found an Anne Geddes sunflower and lady bug doll that are cute as can be that are on a shelf in there. I also found some country garden craft signs that I have hung in there with lady bug accents. It looks a lot brightrer and cleaner than it did when we bought the house.