Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:04 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi CindyLou, Hope I'm not being too rude about your bathroom, but I think it would look a lot better if you just brought the valance down a bit to the top of the brass sliding door frame. The space that you have in between the two will look better. Just a suggestion
Old 02-16-2003, 03:09 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

So Sorry, I directed it to the wrong lady, Should have been to SueAnn. Please exept me apology
Old 02-16-2003, 03:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

No problem.
I was trying to show the wallpaper in my pictures but I can't get the pictures big enough to show what it really looks like
I love it!
It is tear off a hunk and stick it on. Turns out looking like marble/slate. Would like to do more in other rooms.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

stained glass paper?

Anyone ever use the sticky film you can put on windows to make them look frosted or stained?

We have a small rectangle window just below the ceiling in the shower/tub in our bathroom. The purpose of this window? I have NO idea! Anyway I was thinking aobut puting something there but what? There is also a small ledge that my family currently puts shampoo bottles but I would like to change that.

I love my tan rugs, tan and white mixture of towels with accents of sage green and purple (these are the colors of soap dish, toothbrush holder and napkin holder. they have woodsy designs like leaves and I have a jar candle lantern with sage trim with dragonflies on it. I would love to paint and accent wall like sage or violet but not sure what this will do to the look of the room (Will it make it look smaller?)

We have all white walls besides a few rooms with wallpaper but i go to friends houses and every room is a different color and it is beautiful but I am scared.

Any suggestions?

TX Chef Fran
Old 04-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Nine Year Member

Shower Valance

Mugwump~~~That picture was taken last November. Since then I have let out the puff effect in the valance. Does look better without it. Thanks.... posting a new picture.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My bathroom is done in sage green and rose.
My bathroom is small, the walls are painted sage green, but shower curtain and accessories are rose
Old 10-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My master bath is almond with almost matching tile..I have used burgandy towels, rug and shower curtain and roses in a white milk glass vase with matching soap dispenser to blend it in with the master bedroom which has a white "bed in the bag" set that has burgandy, rose and pink roses in it..
The main bath is done in sand walls which matches the tile border and decorated in shells..the border is done in pink, blue and white sea shell pattern and the towels match it...(that was just luck..have had the towel sets for ages and came across the border that matched it perfectly)

Old 02-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Assistant Moderator

I'm curious and just have a question to anyone. I made a comment to a friend online (no one here) a while back saying that my shower door needed fixing, I need a new door.
In some ways she made me feel a snob as I had an actual door and she only had shower curtains. Now that I've thought on it, does this mean that most showers in the US have curtains and not doors? Here it is more common to have a door, there is no one I know that has a curtain. Just wondering if this was a place/country thing or not?

Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm with you Bilby. This house is 25 years old and both en suite and bathroom have doors not curtains.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:54 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Yep, I have doors on all 3 showers here.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"