Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You can use the Magic erasers just about anywhere.
I have a tub that has not had a finish on it since we moved in and my sister told me to use nn toilet bowl cleaner on it. Just squeeze it in and if you have time spread it around. My tub is cleaner than it has ever been! and it is easy too!

Don't get your knickers in a knot It makes you walk funny!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Nine Year Member

paper towels
Pampered Chef brown scraper for soap scum
Amway scrub brite great fragrance and very powerful

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have really hard water & I use Lime Away for the toilets & there is a brand for the tub as well - Seems to work really well for me - I haven't really had much luck with the magic erasers - Maybe I was using them wrong.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKS
I feel a little dumb asking, but how do you use your magic eraser? To scrub out the sink or tub or do you just use it on counters? I use mine strictly to wipe permanent marker off of plastic or other smooth surfaces. Maybe I should be using it in the bathroom.
That's not a dumb question at all! I use it in the bathtub and sink. I usually use the tub cleaner with it. I also use it to wipe down the cabinet under the sink and to wipe off my washer and dryer --yep, in my bathroom. Apt. living. UGH!. I've used it on the floor, too, to wipe off hair spray, gel and other things that get spilled on the floor...even around the toilet to clean up after my son. I always throw it away after that!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have really hard water & once or twice a year I use a pumice stone to get deposits off the sink & tolet. For regular cleanings I use comet or ajax on the sink & tolet. I also use a micofiber cloth for the counter. I have a shower rather than tub & use fantasik on the walls & comet on the floor.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Cool Best products to use to easily clean a bathroom?

For my shower / tub , I love "Tilex, Soap Scum Remover ". My shower/tub is all acrylic and this works really great on that type of surface.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

In the bedroom we only have a shower and it has ridges in the floor part that are very difficult to clean. I've tried all kinds of cleaners including several mentioned but the only thing that works really well is Magic Eraser. I did try oven cleaner, which didn't work but haven't tried toilet bowel cleaner yet. A coworker told me she uses Awesome degreaser from the dollar store to clean her bathroom, rug, shoes, etc. so I got some and it works really well on the rug but haven't tried it in the bathroom yet.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apricot View Post
In the bedroom we only have a shower and it has ridges in the floor part that are very difficult to clean. I've tried all kinds of cleaners including several mentioned but the only thing that works really well is Magic Eraser. I did try oven cleaner, which didn't work but haven't tried toilet bowel cleaner yet. A coworker told me she uses Awesome degreaser from the dollar store to clean her bathroom, rug, shoes, etc. so I got some and it works really well on the rug but haven't tried it in the bathroom yet.
I love Awesome for cleaning around the house. My son loves to clean his sneakers with it, too.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!