Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-13-2002, 06:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tired of Debt Reduction??????

Do any of you sometimes get tired of trying to be frugal and paying down your debt? Guess what, I will admitt it.
I AM GUILTY!!!!!!
My weakness is going out for dinner. I know very well that I good make food at home and save/spend $$ elsewhere. I am not a clothes shopper or a gadget buyer. I just get tired of being at home and cooking. We have sstep kids eveyother weekend. The weekends we don't all it seems we do is eat out. Do you get tired sometimes of saving $$$Let me know! I don't want to be the only one with the problem.

Sue
Wife to Bob
Mom to 4
Old 04-13-2002, 08:27 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

YES!!!!

Well SueAnn I just posted this question in the frugal living forum! I jumped down here to read and see you and me are in the same boat! Yes it is frustrating because the rewards are usually long term and we all love the instant gratification thing that we've grown accustomed to (which has translated into debt for many of us!). I have to say that we are paying ours down rapidly now and it's feeling wonderful. I can almost feel the weight lifting off of my back. BUT I do get tired of not running and gunning like we used to. I loved just going and blowing.....until the bills all came in. Anyway I think what we are feeling is normal and these habits that we are fighting die hard. But misery does love company....nice to meet ya company!
Old 04-17-2002, 02:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I miss going out to eat too. But, it did get to the point that we ran out of places to eat. We were going out so much that it got to be a chore trying to decide where to go. Now we have only gone out to eat 4 times since the first of the year. Two times were fast food when we were out house-hunting longer than we planned. Once was when we were traveling (7 hour trip). The last time was for my birthday. It was a real treat!!

I never really got into buying clothes.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:48 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

No you are not alone in this! It gets frustrating sometimes, I want to go shopping or eat out or buy a magazine. So far we have been pretty good, but I did break down and buy the new Alan Jackson CD that has the song Where were you on it.

I just really want this incredible noose we have around our neck to loosen so I try to stay strong.

Scooby

http://<br /> http://www.grassfire....sp?PID=2193974

The ACLU recently filed a federal lawsuit to force Roy Moore to
remove the Ten Commandments from the Alabama Supreme Court
building -- the latest effort to strip the Ten Commandments
from public life.
http://<br /> http://www.grassfire....sp?PID=2197287

Old 04-19-2002, 10:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Scooby, the noose will get bigger and looser. Its just nice to know that you're not the only one with this feeling. Huh?
Sue
Old 04-19-2002, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ACK!! You just don't know how sick and tired I am of debt reduction! Sometimes I just so wish I'd win the lottery! But I keep plugging along. I am having kind of a rough month but it aint over yet and I aint givin up!
Old 04-25-2002, 07:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

This is the one place in our budget that hurts us!! I love to cook, dh loves to grill, but on the weekends we always eat out for breakfast. I don't really want to, but I do it for dh. We are getting ready to close on our house, so we will cut it to once a week and no other meals. That way, we still get a "treat", but it won't break the budget!!

I have days where I want to just go and blow $$$, but I can't and I don't like it. However, we are working toward something better for our family, so we are trying harder.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
YES!! There are times when I want to sit and cry because I get so tired of saying "we just don't have the money to do this or that because we have to save it for....".

They say that money doesn't buy happiness but I sure would like to have the opportunity to try that one out....and I bet that I could find happiness for a really good price! lol!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member

I think it important to set aside some fun money even at $5 a week ($20 a month) will let you twice a month rent a movie and cook a special meal for the family. To buy special ingredients for a picnic at a free outdoor event in town or gain entrance to a local festival where you can take your own food.

We have a "Taste of the Arts" event in my town once a year that allows local resturants and caterers show off their food and sell in sample sizes for $.50-2.00 a piece. Free activities for the kids with music and a magic show at the end of the evening there are artists deminstrating how the make their art (wood carvers, clay, painting, etc.)and have items to sell. If you don't eat it is a free event for the family that exposes the kids to the arts that they may not normally see.

Roberta
Old 05-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I, too, get tired of having to be so frugal all the time. I cook dinner from scratch every single night of the week unless I goof off for a night and we eat leftovers. It gets tiring of always having to think of what to make for dinner, cooking and cleaning up. I am always trying new recipes and that helps but sometimes I just want to eat out and have someone else do the cooking and cleaning up. Every once in awhile I will have pizza delivered (which costs about $20) I am not a big fan of fast food (McDonald's, BK etc.) so don't miss that much but would like to go to a nice restaurant once in awhile which we sometimes do for birthdays.

~Mother Theresa