Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 08-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Exclamation site ring

I decided to work on a "personal" page for my childcare, one I can send parents to (in the future) that explains why I got in the biz, put my contracts online (possibly), maybe put my newsletter there, etc. Anyway, I've added a site ring to it, for child care providers, so if anyone here is a provider and has a page to add to it, feel free to become a member of the ring. My webpage URL is http://my.homewithgod.com/graphics/H...ChildCare.html and if you look towards the bottom, you will see the box for the site ring. I am not adding http://groups.msn.com/HeartlandChild...ID_Message=104 to it, because I am not sure I want parents of kids I watch to know this is here. They don't need to know what kind of professional questions I have, or what complaints I have when I need to vent, so that is why I am doing (or not doing) that. I just started this new page yesterday so there will be more added to it as time goes by. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2002, 05:42 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Looking for crafts ideas - toddlers

Hi everyone. I opened a daycare a few months ago and I am now looking for crafts ideas for children aged between 18 months and 5 years old. Any idea that may be adapted for them would be appreciated, I'm running out of ideas. Hope you can help me. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2002, 03:19 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

We are going to decorate sugar cookies into face cookies. Materials- frosting (chocolate and vanilla they can mix to match their skin color), M&Ms, chocolate chips, food coloring, plastic knives or large craft sticks(for spreading) paper plates.

Have the children look at themselfs in hand mirrors and talk about same and different. Do we look alike ??

Make a Helping Hand Chart

Have children trace their hand . Write their name on it. Glue a large craft stick to it. Make a chart of chores that need to be done everyday. Hand out napkins, feed the fish, wiipe the table, jobs can be very simple and everyone can help. Put their name next to the job they need to do. We use pictures of their jobs since they can't read yet.

Teresa

PS Have them wash the baby dolls outside or play dishes. It won't matter if they get wet.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Does anyone have any good ideas for sensory bottles for older kids? One good idea that I found was to put all white objects in a bottle filled with salt or sugar. Anyone have any other ideas?

Toni
Old 09-01-2002, 08:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I taught pre school for awhile for 2 year olds and then with pre k (4's).
with the 2's we did alot of sensory, playing in a tub filled with rice and cups and spoons. you could use beans, or even corn meal. Playdough was always a hit.
with my son who is 2 we just paint with different things like sponges, spoons, small brushes, foam brushes, drag yarn dipped n paint across the paper. he likes watercolor and markers too. we have cut out pictures from magazines and glued them to paper, you cn do the same with shapes or whatever. you can cut the finished painted paper into a shape to correspond with a theme.

for 4's you can do all of those things just let them handles more of it, like cutting (with safe scissors) or more colors of paint.

i know i did other things but can't think right now!
Old 09-06-2002, 07:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb re: activities for children

I've been doing daycare for over 10 years now. With my art background and the web, I've found a lot of really neat activities that you can do with children. DLTK is a really good site. Activity Village is another. There are also a lot of really good educational sites out there that you can take advantage of. Many with worksheets to print out. I also have used the preschool workbooks available at Walmart, Kmart. They are wonderful and save you on paper and ink as well as time. Also, there are lots of wonderful children's craft magazines out there - Family Fun is absolutely wonderful. It has crafts, craft and food recipes and neat things to read complete with pictures so you can see the actual project. This magazine is also online.

We just recently did a project this week where we made handprints and made a poster for the grandparents in honor of grandparent's day. We used this cute little rhyme:

Little fingerprints on windows, doors and walls;
Prints that tell you Iíve been by that mark my call

Now they are a nuisance, but soon Iíll be so tall..
Youíll miss those little tokens that once told you I was small

And so to make sure that youíll remember me this way,
Iíve made this to give you for Grandparentís Day

With Love From:
Age ________ Date: ________________________

I have lots more tried and true craft projects that I can share if anyone is interested. And love to swap and see what others are doing.

Old 09-07-2002, 04:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle daycare ideas

I would love to have some of your ideas on kids crafts Thank you. jennifer Nolen,

edited for content by moderator, e-mails should be private

Last edited by debknechtel; 09-07-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:44 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

just bumping so it shows as activity on this forum
Old 01-17-2003, 06:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Ideas on introducing 2nd language

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some ideas on how to introduce english to my little ones. We all speak french and I think I could offer a special program to enhance my services.

I'm looking for any ways to teach them, pre-school programs, games, etc. My little ones are aged 2 to 3 1/2, and I have 6 children every day.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks

Nathalie

Last edited by debknechtel; 09-07-2004 at 05:56 PM.