Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Daycare Providers & Preschool Teachers

Old 02-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

St Patricks day crafts for daycare

Hi there

Thought we might share some ideas for young children to use as craft ideas for St Patricks day.

We always have a fun day here, We dress in green and lunch usually consists of green eggs and ham, with some green toast. Snacks are green fruit and veggies with green dip. We have green milkshakes to drink and lime lemonade. The kids always have a fun day. Sometimes we do green pancakes.

Lets share all your wonderful ideas.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-17-2005, 05:13 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Deb,
Those are cute ideas! If I have the bigger ones will have to try it. I will do for my ds1 (3)!
I dont know if you would be interested but I found a really good preschool site that I am using right now for the alpabet activities.
http://www.first-school.ws/
Have a good one
Leighann

Last edited by Lee; 02-17-2005 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Leighann

I love that site and use it quite often here for ideas!! There are so many great craft sites out there. There is a thread under this forum that list many sites that i have used

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=12434

Hope you give some of the ideas a try, I usually paint a green shamrock on their faces too. I just use a eye liner pencil to do it. My kids also put green gel in their hair to complete the look. This year I will stencil shamrocks on their heads since their hair is short.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-21-2005, 08:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Deb here is one site I go to for my GD's I always have some kind of craft for them to do when they are here, I have alot of sites so if you need any others I have some. I forget (DUH) that you have little ones during the week at your house to amuse,LOL. I admire your patience sometimes just my 2 gd's are more than I can handle,lol.
Hugs Sandie

http://www.kidsdomain.com/holiday/patrick/
Old 02-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Sandie I do use that website quite often.

Here is a rainbow hat I make withthe kids. We sue a strip of green paper and adjust it to fir each head.

Hugs Debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-23-2005, 09:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This craft is a map outline of ireland and we glue things related to St Patricks day on it. I use a cane, hat, shamrock and pipe

Hugs Debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Shamrock man

Use a shamrock and add ahat and bow tie to make a man

Hugs Debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Shamrock dog

Use a shamrock for the body, turned upside down. Add a tongue and a bone to get the following

hugs
debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Paper plate Leprechaun

Hug
Debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Leprechaun

Use a cut out and add cut out shoes, hat, belt, tie etc

hugs Debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson