Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Daycare Providers & Preschool Teachers

Old 08-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Preschool Lesson Plans

We use weekly lesson plans for our children in Head Start. I am willing to share and always on the outlook for more lesson plan ideas.

I'm in the process of organizing all my ideas in folders by the month in which we use them.

If you need something specific, let me know...

Charlene, mother to five

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

sharlibird,

I would love for you to share some of your preschool plans. I am always on the lookout for new ideas, after 10 years I find I need to keep things fresh and exciting for the kids. So share away

Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I will be using lessons plans for my K-1st after school program, and we have to use themes too, so would love to share.

yesterday I did a name day
next week I'm doing the theme on "All about Me"
and the following week will be doing " About Friends"

not sure where I am going from there.. still thinking

I don't know if what I'm using will be of any help but I don't mind sharing if you think it would help.

it amazing how we can be on one set of threads( neighborhood ), and we move to another one (neighborhood ) when our lives changes, but we can be still here amoung our friends ...
Old 08-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Last week we did one our lessons around "All about me" and this week we are doing it on "friendship"

we are making a book about "Me" and the friendship we have been getting a new partner to learn to be friends with.

We worked on a friendship mobile today that they ended up taking home to work with thier parents on, which I don't know if that will happen or not, but they wanted to take it home so I let them

I'm thinking of doing next week on Helpers or Community not sure which one but they sort of goes together eithe way I go.

any ideas on this theme?
Old 08-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

BarBar this week was just community helpers week here. We had one day where we dressed as our favorite community helper. One day we made people using toilet paper roles and paper. We made firemen , nurses, construction workers, policeman etc. The link for the templates was

http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/misc...ommunities.htm

this site also has other great ideas.

Some songs are I Am A Fire Man(sung to teapot)

I am a fireman dressed in red
With my fire hat on my head
I can drive the fire truck fight fire too
And help to make it safe for you

OR

I am a policeman, with my star
I help people near and far
If you have a problem call on me
and i will be there 1 2 3

BUCKLE UP(Ahunting we will go)
The Wheels go rounds and round
We drive the car in town
We buckle up
In case we stop
So we'll be safe and sound

We made fire hats with a strip of red paper to fit around the head then made a shield added a number and glued it on. They loved wearing them.

Hope these help

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

this thread sounds wonderful. i am sahm with 4yo who goes to kindergarden but is often home sick.
how long ahead do you make your lessonplans? one month? one season? how to make one? do you use them all day long as themes or only when you have a certain lesson and you sit at the study table with the kid(s)? do you have different lesson plans for different subjects?
i know that i have lots of questions but i think that i sould do more work with ds at home than we have done so far. he usually tries to find his own activities and spends way too much time with playing computer games and watching tv. he is also at that age where he asks a lot of questions.

marje

ps. we dont live in US and are not native english speakers
Old 09-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Marje!!! Welcome to Family corner

I have a home daycare and I plan my weekly themes usually 3 weeks in advance. I try to plan a few days where the whole day is related to the theme and a few where they are not as. For me here next week will be Back to School and Teachers. The week after will be Apples and the week after will be the changing leaves of fall. I use many sites on line to help get ideas for crafts and songs. If you visit the daycare forum here I have many sites listed and ideas that I have used.

Here is the link
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...d.php3?t=11214

and anouther for songs
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...d.php3?t=12434

Hope this helps
Hugs debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Deb.

marjekas for myself I've started out planning for 2wks in advance,
working now coming up with the rest of this yr themes.. that way I can be on the look out for these themes when I go looking at the different sites. Then I will gater lots of idea, then when I set down to do my planning I will plan 2-3 wks in front of me.

I like to have more than what the kids can actually do, that way if one plan doesn't work I can go to plan B activity.
Also I work with 13 kids so when we are working on something and one or more children gets done faster than the rest. I got something else for them to work on.

If I see the kids are gettting restless then I can say, " Ok, it time to clean up and move on to the next activity"

if I only have a few things plan I wouldn't be able to do that.

I work in a christian after school program or 4 hrs for 3 days a week.

Last yr I did take care of kids in my home, I allow them to play as thier mom didn't want them to have a child care setting, but to have it more like home relax and natural. Of course I still had things for them to do, but it was like a big babysitting job too.
But it worked out good for everyone n the end.
I'm enjoying it this way much better this yr.

Deb, I will mark down what you are doing, and if I see something that stikes my fancy I will let you know.

It would be helpful if we all marked down our themes that way we could all be on the look out.

Wed. we play role fireman, and pet hospital with clothes and instruments, etc.
we also talked about the different kinds of community helpers there were, and what they would like to be.
then I had printed off coloring pages of different kind of comminity helpers.
and they were able to have the one they wanted to be. It worked out mostly, I had two kids that wanted to be the same thing.
I had a little girl that wanted to be a plumber and a little boy, I had two different pictures. One was a house being build and another picture was a plumber fixing. both wanted a different picture so it worked out fine.

the other two that wanted the same picture. LOL, they had to chose a number to see which one would get the policeman on the cycle. LOL

We also played Red/green light, smoke crawl game, and we talked about what to do in a fire.

As they were leaving the gym to go to thier classes they had to walk in a line being firemans on a firetruck, they were able to make the siren sound.

so we had a good time.
of course we had our bible time too

Tomorrow is another day and if you want to know what I;ll be doing just let me know and I be more than gladly to tell you.

Last edited by bar_bar; 04-11-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

how do you put the lessonplans together? how many hours of activities does that cover in a day?

toaday we are going to a local fall fair. there will be lots of farm animals, so i was thinking of using that as a part of a study. looking all those cows (ds4 has never seen one close) and pigs and sheep and birds. and later we maybe will do some craft animals out of toilet paper rolls or glue paper animals. that should be enough for a day or what?
if the toppic is fall colours and leaves what would that include? outings? crafts? math? here i was thinking of going outside, watch different colours, explain him why/how it changes. collect different leaves and bring home, collect acorns and chestnuts and compare sizes, shapes and count them (how many, more-less etc).
as a craft, make acorn and chestnut people at home (that sould take lots of time), decorate them. press and dry collected leaves and later glue them on a paper, making animals or people or smt.
fingerpaint - making different fall colour handprints look as if they were huge leaves. maybe cut them out and make a wreath.
do i need more activities or will they last a week? i was also thinking of collecting leaves for several weeks because of the different colours and finally have that fall week when foliage is at the peak. so then we can compare how green it was and what happened during that time period. as follow up we would talk about leaves also when the trees are almost bare. in the meantime we will go to country during the weekends and there we can talk about fallcrops - pumpkins, apples, plums, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes etc, go to the forrest to see mushrooms growing and wild berries. also talk about weather (i should search some information about that) - why it is getting colder etc. i think that fall topic will be our this month's topic - from mid/late september til mid/late october.
i am not much of a singer so i will leave that part out. i have all those ideas but how can i put them on a paper? do you have notebooks for that or what? or do you just keep them in your head?

marje
Old 09-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

marje, again mine is a little different due to the fact I work somewhere else instead of home.
I work 4 hrs,there
my snack, devotion, prayer takes up about 15-20 mins.
depends on what I'm doing, depens on how many different activities I have for them.
Plus sometimes I have several tables going and they routate from table to table, which means sometimes we can get more things in that way.

My activities has to cover from about 4:15 until they are pcked up which again varies .... but kids are mostly picked up by 6:00 pm.

Are you just doing your son, or you doing other kids too? That makes a differerce too.
If it is just your child, then you have a schedule that you are comfortable with, and put in as much as you want too, or as little as you want.
Depending on your goals.

Yesterday we had about 3 activities going on frm about 4:15-5:00
we worked on a project but it had some different parts to it, and we also had a story time.
kids that got done sooner than others I gave them the option to look at books, or make something else.

This way kids can learn to make choices, and learn to stick to thier choices.

Your fall colors and leaves is also science, Yes it would include outings,crafts, math.

For myself I can't carry a tune, but the kids this age alot of them can't tell. LOL
also play music on the radio, cd's, tapes, records. there lots of neat ones out there. Even vidoes that has music to it too.
that way you get your music in.

I have a Planner that I put my things in, I collect things and put them in a folder, but when I start the planning of the day and week, it goes into a planner. This way I can look back and remember what we did.
I also mark down when the kids really liked a certain song, or activity, for I could turn that activity into a activity for another theme, and use it later on in the year.

Since I do work with lots of kids, I mark down which child is my helper, and which one does the prayers. This way I can rotate my kids to be helpers, and it fair to everyone.

I also get the kids involved n helping to clean up too, this way it teaches them responsiblity, I also have a folder for each child that I will be keeping thier things in for the year.

Mark down the holidays and when you have one, work that into the theme.

YOu sound like you got some nice ideas.

GO for it girl....Have fun, the kids are only little for a short time. and the memories you are making with your child is very important.

I'm enclosing a page that might could help you, I don't use this one due to the fact of what my director wants, but doing it at home, it could work nicely.
Hope it comes thru alright, if not and you need to see a big picture of it Let me know by sending me a pm with your email on it, and I will send it to you.
Attached Images