Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Daycare Providers & Preschool Teachers

Old 06-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

any other childcare providers

anybody else a child care provider???
Old 06-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi there

I am also a home daycare provider!

I have been doing this for 10 years now....since my first son was born.

What made you stay at home and choose this career??

debknechtel
Old 06-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...=1000&x=12&y=9
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have been providing daycare for over 15 yrs....I knew this was what I wanted to do because I wanted to be home for my kids and still earn a second income...It has been great ..

My kids are 22 and 12....and I still cant imagine doing anthing else!!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for the link Abear!!!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:12 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I also do childcare out of my home, since my ds was 6 months old. Back then I only watched one but now I have quite the crowd. I also now have a 3 month old, sometimes I feel guilty when I "cant get to him right away"! My oldest though loves all his friends.
Heres a question how do you make your clients pay? At the beginning of the week or the end? Do you make them pay even if they dont show up? I always have trouble with this part....How about parttimers? Do you do a day rate or just hourly? THanks for any answers!
Leighann
Old 06-16-2004, 04:31 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I make my dcf pay in advance for the following week of care.

I also charge them whether they show up or not. They are paying for the spot...not time actually there..

I do a daily rate and that is all.....for ft or pt they pay this rate....

I alos hae a contract and policy that is about 6 pages long...it covers alot but not everything....It has gotten longer the more yrs I am in business......
Old 06-16-2004, 05:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi

I don't collect fees at the first of the week , instead I collect on Friday. I have been fairly lucky with clients paying. I have a contract also and it states if they don't pay then their child is not able to return the following week. So far I have been lucky. Also I am one of very few child care providors in our area.....so they can not just switch to someone new.....especially because all of us inform the other of non paying clients.

I charge a daily rate and an hourly rate for those who need care for doctor's appt's etc. but don't work. I also charge them for days they don't come unless it is an emergency. In my contract I state what constitutes an emergency.

So far this system seems to work for me. I have made amendments over the past 10 years but so far things are working in my favor. I love being home when my kids need me and I love working with all the kids in my care.

Would love to hear otheres input

Keep Smiling
debknechtel
Old 07-13-2004, 06:54 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello,

I have been doing in home child care for the past 4 years. I have my clients pay the beginning of the week, and they need to pay if they are here or not. I would also suggest taking cash as your only form of payment, I have a mom that paid by check and her check bounced, I didn't know about it and it screwed up my whole checking acct. I actually just purchased a child care center so starting in two weeks I will be working there. All my kids I babysit here at home will be coming along with me so it will not be too much of a change. I love being able to work in a field where I can spend time with my children too Please feel free to contact me with any child care questions!!

Renae
Old 07-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

WECOME ASHREN

Nice to have you here!

Wow that is great that you are opening your own daycare centre. I have often thought of doing the same thing. Congratulations.

I run my daycare like a preschool, we do craft, storytime, snacks ,lunch, free time,gross motor movement outside time etc. In the summer i do theme oriented days, Yesterday was hawaiin day last week we had a teddy bear picnic etc. Alot of work but the kids love it!!

Well must be off snack time is over
debknechtel

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson