Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 02-13-2004, 04:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question exploding photo albums

Hi there, I'm looking for the instructions/template for a photo album - card I have seen around. It is a zigzag kind of card the folds up and would make a great gift.
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks
Julie
Attached Images

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Dream for tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Julie

Is this a picture of the photo album that you are wanting to make? Do you have a name for it? Im looking for a little more info. to make it easier to find a pattern for ya.

Ill keep looking. ;-)

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 02-14-2004, 01:47 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi there, the attached picture is what I want to make. I found the picture on the net - but no instructions.
I'm a keen scrapbooker and my local scrapshop was running a class on how to make them - they called them "exploding albums" - but because the class was $40 for one night and we are on a budget I couldn't justify going. And the owner wouldnt tell me where I could find instructions!!!
I just love the idea behind them but I can't for the life of me find how to make them - - very disappointing - I think they would make great gifts for family overseas in Australia and America for Christmas and birthdays - kind of put a year of our lives in it. Cheap postage and WOW - a keepsake.

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Dream for tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:35 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Exploding Album

If you get or find the instructions, I would love them. I am new to the site and trying to catch up. I have a neice that is graduating in May and this would be a great gift. Thanks
Old 02-16-2004, 12:09 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

photo album instructions

Hi! These albums were demo'd on a show on the DIY scrapbook show....check out there web site www.diynet.com I think. The basic idea is you sqaures of cardstock the size you want....6x6 ins is the size I've seen around here....you basicaly crease the cardsotck in half, unfold then half again the opposite way...horizontal then vertical . open it backup...then fold on the diagonal- away from these 2 other creases...you want the creases to colapse into the 2 sqaures you made on the diagonal. To connect you use your fave adhesive to connect the back of one of the "whole" sqaures to the front of the next piece of cardstock's square....like a chain of sorts. Connect as many as you need. I would guess you attache the riboons to the front and back of the album, maybe needing to make a cover mat or something to conceal any andhesive etc you had to use....

I hope this helps. I will look at the picture again to give specifics and maybe look andpost the EXACT directions from where ever.

Karen

PS_ i don't know the exact name either...
Old 02-16-2004, 12:43 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

found something....

Hi agian- I found this on the DIY page...this is saying it's a kit but shows it "naked". shows how the folds should be. http://www.diynet.com/diy/sc_materials/article/0,2025,DIY_14228_2275007,00.html .

On your picture- Where the whole square pictures are the places that make the chain.... take a few scraps of paper and play with it. It really isn't hard if you have a basic idea ...just getting the demisions you want...and of course the innards...

Goodluck and ask ifyou need clarifying.

Karen L
Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Exploding Albums

Is this the correct name for the photo album? WHen I click on DIY is is the main page and other than crafts I don't know where to go. thanks for the instructions. WIll try.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I found the episode....

From "Scrapbooking"
episode SCB-231

I'm sorry the link didn't work before...ugh!!

Anyway here is the episode to look up on the site. Let me know if you need more explaining...I did notice at looking at both sets of pictures- and I don't know if I made it clear before-

one folded square is set so it's pointed up, the next is pointed down...so when it's folded it's less bulky, valley and mountian sort of thing.

If you can't figure it out I'll see if there is somewhere to post pictures on how this goes....

Take care, Karen L
Old 02-16-2004, 04:38 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you so much! It was a tough one because I didnt know the correct name - thank goodness I found a picture. I'm really looking forward to having a go. And the website is amazing!!!

Thank you for making a kiwi smile!

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Dream for tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Found it!

Here are a couple of sites that I found with directions. The first one takes a while to load.

Cherie

http://imageevent.com/donnamb/papert...=0&w=1&s=0&z=3

http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/ho.../pom-feb04.htm