Need some easy ideas for Spring Craft Show - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 01-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Need some easy ideas for Spring Craft Show

My sons school is having a Spring Craft Show and I would like to make something to sell at it but the question is what would go over nicely?

Im somewhat crafty but not able to sew and I dont have a lot of money to put into the stuff. Any ideas?

I have a couple of thoughts...

I have melting chocolate from Christmas leftover and I thought the I migh make choc. covered pretzel rods with sprinkles and package them along with a few other choc. ideas.

Also thought of making glycerin soaps in different shapes, selling them seperately plus maybe a few small gift baskets.

What else is popular in other parts of the country?

Has anyone seen the stuffed teddy bears dipped in scented wax? I saw them at a sale right before Christmas and thought that they were really cute. Can someone tell me how to make them? I would love to make myself one of these.

Thanks!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I make some super cheap crafts that I havent tried selling yet but I think that they would be perfect for a spring craft show... I got the ideas off of "Treasure Makers" on HGTV and I just saw another idea of making picture frames out of old barn wood (which we have a ton of here!!)

anyways... these things are made from rebar wire, a roll at home depot is less than $5, and you can made candle holders and picture holders out of it.

I am trying to find the link....Ahhhh!! I cant find it!!!! :mad:

If you are interested I can take some pics of my stuff to show you.

Happy Crafting!!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I would love to see your pics!!

Thanks, Tami

I used to be a faithful at HGTV's forums but since theyve changed it, it wasnt the same. Will have to take a looks again.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

There are all kinds of Plastic Mesh type projects that can be done fast and easy. You can make Ornaments, tiny gift boxes, Tissue box coveres, etc.

Why not make potpourri sachets or bags.

Chocolate lollipops.

I do not know what you are into making so it is hard to tell you.

NOW for the Waxed Bears. Please go to http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=9167 for FULL instructions.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Shawn for reminding me of Choc. lollipops. I put all the thought into the pretzels and totally forgot about something like that. My mother and I used to make all kinds of chocolates for Christmas and Easter then sell them. Depending on the time of year that they decide to have it, I might go ahead with an easter theme and sell eggs, bunnies...etc

Im going to look up the link for the rebar wire crafts too. The girl one Treasure Makers grates on my nerves that is why I dont watch it any more but they do have some cute ideas on there sometimes.

Sherbear, Im so jealous of the barn wood!! I would have my own house projects covered in it if I had a good supply of it!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I finally found the link!!!!!

LOL.. I really gotta go thru all of my bookmarked stuff and re-organize

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_organizi...379738,00.html

and I also got some ideas from this site

http://www.lorijane.com/ShopUsIndex.html

I am into woodcrafts right now... FIL gave us his old scroll saw so I am having a blast playing with that and making those cool wood things that cost a fortune at craft sales that I am too cheap to buy.. lol
Old 01-18-2004, 07:31 AM
BoggsZ

ajrsmom, I have made the bears there really easy i bought the bears at the dollar store for a 1$ and i used parifan wax and sented oil you just melt your wax in a double broiler and when its melted at the sent sent you bear on something for he was to drain into the i took a spoon and poured the wax on the bear slow and even fluffier bears are better or any animal is cute let the wax dry and if it needs more just add some as it dries you can fluff the fur on the bear makes it look really good if you have anymore question I will try to help.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Crafting

There is a web site www.craftown.com go to free projects . this might help you find something . I enjoy this site . I found some good stuff to make with my grandchildren . I hope you can find something to do for the craft show.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Karen, Im curious, how much wax did you use? How much of the scent did you use too? Did you sell them? I would really like to try making them but Im not sure that they would sell really well at the prices they were selling them for at the craft show that I was at earlier this year. She had a lot of people looking at them but I didnt really see anyone buying them.

Is there a cheaper place than somewhere like Michaels to buy the way at?

Im still thinking about making chocolates for his sale but I might think about going to a few craft shows too.

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-18-2004, 12:14 PM
BoggsZ

ajrsmom, the wax comes in a box of 4 blocks it really depends on how many your making 4 block will cover im guessing 4 or 5 maybe more I just added sent tell i could smell it good. I didnt sell them but i know a lady here that did and she was selling them for 10$ i wouldnt pay that but some people did my sister did thats were i got the idea. I bought my wax at the grocery store just buy one bear or animal and melt one block of wax see how it turns out then if you like them make more you can even find the stuffed animals at thrift stores cheap hope this helped.