Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 01-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tami--yes the spoons are for coffee. Or tea, or hot chocolate. We first saw these done years ago in Colorado and they were selling for BIG BUCKS even then. They are so cheap and quick to make too. Another thing you can do for coffee is to sprinkle cappucino powder over them while they're still wet. Or crushed peppermint over white dipped for tea. Your imagination is your only limit!

Sounds like a great sale--wish I lived close so I could go.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 01-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cheap Spring Crafts

Hi

Go to your local dollar stores (like Dollar Tree or 88 cent Super Store) They have baskets, kitchen items and bath items. I made baskets with a pair of stemware glasses and a small bottle of white grape juice, assorted crackers /cookies (the small pkg.s) arranged them on a plaid dish towel in the basket and shrinkwrapped it. Sold it for $10.00 and only put $4.00 in it. I used the shrink weather film for windows, and saved a lot! If you make hand made soaps, get some small flowers to put in the glycerin soap, Just that extra touch helps to sell. Again, go to the dollar stores get hand or finger towels, etc. or sew your own. Don't forget the kids baskets! Crayons, coloring book, bubbles, books, etc. Crayons, the 8 count come in a 3 or 4 pack, coloring books sometimes in a 3 pack, books are usually single, and bubbles come in a 3 pack, so for $6. or $7. you have 3 baskets for kids!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Wow, Thanks for the ideas.

Ive never heard of an 88 cent superstore--now thats my kind of store. LOL!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-31-2004, 11:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

craft show

I will be doing a craft show in March. I mostly sew. Does anyone have any ideas for easy to work up items,items that you have made that were successful and items that do not cost alot to make. I have usually done fall shows concentating on Christmas . I am venturing now to try spring. Thanks in advance for the ideas. ida
Old 01-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Craft Shows

The last craft show we did (we do creamic dragons, utility ware, sushi dishes, etc) only small things seemed to sell. One of the sewing crafts booth was making big sells with matching potholders, apron, and kitchen hand towels. The towels are cut in half and the matching fabric is sewn on; its made so it can be buttoned on the refridg.'s handle........know what I mean??? Also polar fleese throws. She had both the snuggies, and the ones with satin blanket binding around the edges. Baby blankets, and bibs go well too. One booth had table runners, placemats, picnic tablecloths (the kind that has pockets for plates, plasticware & napkins. Folds up and looks like a tote bag), bag ladies (holds plastic bags), bun warmers, tea cozy, and tea towels. One of our friends does machine quilts and her quilts are beautiful, but she didn't sell as many quilts as she did potholders and pillow covers (not shams - sq. pillows).
Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I like the ideas on this thread ...any more ideas folks?