Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Karen, Thanks for the info. They are selling around here for $15.00 for a small bear and $25. for a med. sized one---I thought this was too high.

Ill see what I can come up with.

Thanks!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 AM

Smelly Jelly

Tami-

On the thread "Frugal Christmas Gifts" I think that's what we called it, Dec. 2003 I posted my recipe for air fresheners in a baby food jar. I was told that they would get moldy after awhile but it's been 2 months now and although they did eventually dry up they did not get mold on them. If you know someone who has a baby and is using babyfood jars, this would be a great gift. My husbands cousins grandson's school was selling these for .50 cents a piece.

Anna
Old 01-19-2004, 07:23 AM
Friend of the Family
FamilyCorner Admirer

A cheap and easy craft is to get some ceramic tiles from a home improvement store - depending on size, they range from less than $1 to $3. Get napkins from the dollar store - separate the layers until you have the pattern on a thin sheet. Decoupage it to the top of the tile, glue a felt square to the back and spray the front with a sealer. Voila! A trivet! Or make several small ones with the same pattern for coasters.:p

Wife to Bob 6/26/93
Mom to Jonathan & Adam(1996/1999)

My FC Member Awards!

Honorary Members

Old 01-19-2004, 07:34 AM
BoggsZ

janieb love that idea you could even paint on top of them oh i need to go shopping for tile
Old 01-19-2004, 08:14 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

You can make super easy bath salts and put them in canning jars or even in zip lock bags.
1c epsom salts
1c baking soda (or sea salts - available at Walmart by the regular salt, comes in salt container about .89)
few drops food coloring
few drops scent (may use essential oils, perfume, lemon or vanilla food flavorings, etc)
Of course you can add numerous other things, but this is quick and easy. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hello ajrsmom
Are you looking for items that children can buy for like 50 cents to 2 dollars? or nicer craft items like jewelry ,chocolate? give me an idea so I can help,I try to do 1 craft show a year and may have some ideas you can use .etc ida
Old 01-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

At my son's Thanksgiving feast, the PTO leader mentioned that we would be holding a Spring craft show. It will be open to the public not just for the kids. They are going to have a teachers sale though for the kids and dont know whether or not we will be asked to donate for that too or not.

Thanks,
Tami

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 01-20-2004, 07:38 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Easy, Inexpensive Crafts

Have you tried making sun catchers with foam sheets and those free AOL disks. I've made them into different fish, bird, animal, etc. using the disk as the belly and just adding legs, tails, etc. with foam. They sell for $5 around here. You must use waterproof glue on them. I put the foam parts between 2 disks, glue them together and hang with fishing line.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Don't forget those ever popular chocolate dipped plastic spoons. You can double dip in differnt colors (white, dark, milk, etc) sprinkle with nonpareils, cinnamon, etc. We gave these as little gifts at a Christmas party one year and I was afraid for a while that some ladies were going to argue over the extras! Simply wrap in celophane (colored is pretty) and tie with ribbon. EASY and CHEAP.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 01-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ok, Heres a dumb question.... What are the chocolate dipped spoons used for? Coffee or ??? I think those might go over good too if I decide to go with the chocolates.

Im still waiting to here when the scheduled date for this show is. Lets just say that this PTO isnt exactly on top of things and that they have a habit of waiting to the last minute to decide everything. Although Im not the most organized person, I like to plan WAY ahead for things like this.

Thanks for the idea!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus