Computer Crafts - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 06-30-2002, 08:42 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Computer Crafts

Hi everyone don't know if any of you are into computer crafts or not. but I love them. you can create sooo much. I have done candy bar wrappers and personalized Clocks. I am going ot attach one of my clocks for you all to see. This is one i made for myself. I ;love it and you will see why my name is eeyore on here alOL
Attached Images

Mommy to
Cameron 11-8-90
Zachary 2-24-00
wife to
Steve the love of my life

Please visit me at my homepage
http://www.geocities.com/barbiesnipes/barbiespage.html
Old 12-21-2002, 02:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Computer Crafts

I've loved crafting for a long time, but WOW has my computer opened up my eyes to the possibilities! There are so many great ideas out there, it's hard to keep up.

This year my kids (11, 11, & 13) made many of their Xmas gifts. One easy idea was return address labels. They picked out a graphic (icon size) and typed in the address. On our sheets, there are 30 labels per page, so they could choose up to 30 different graphics. They had a blast, and the finished product looked great. The first couple labels took a while, but once they got the hang of it, they whizzed through the project.

Another simple project we haven't finished yet is photo magnets. We print out photos (could use regular photos, but ours are all digital now) on photo paper and stick them onto magnetic sheets. Then we cut out around the photo. Could also glue to a wooden shape and glue a magnet on the back if you don't have magnetic sheets.

They also made labels/recipe cards for their bean soup mix and candy cane bath salts.

Last year I made coupons out of business card stock. They could be redeemed to get out of a chore, to watch half an hour of tv, or some things like that. Some other ideas include calendars and cookbooks.

Have fun! Dawny
Old 12-21-2002, 06:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

When I got my computer Microsoft Publishing was already installed on it...I make cards, banners, doorknob hangers, party hats, gift boxes(small) and so much stuff.

Address labels are a great gift! My problem is the labels are small so my address is long, so now I use the labels youwould use for sending stuff. I can then download a picture and make them even more special.

Making stationary is a great gift too, you can even make matching envelopes.

We made transfer pictures to iron on t-shirts, they have them for white and dark t-shirts. I always thought it would be great for a family reunion project....the family's name on the t-shirt.

I have also printed out pictures on photo paper and put them in a dollar store frame and they look great for gifts.

Now unless someone is a millionaire, everyone else loves these gifts!lol

janet
Old 12-21-2002, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'd thought about stationary for gifts, but hadn't really thought about using the computer. Was thinking more in terms of stamping, but I like the idea!

I love the idea about transferring photos too. I've made team shirts before by ironing on transfers with the team name (made them for the whole team - cheap!) but photos would be great! My girl scouts tie dyed pillow cases for sleepovers - adding photos along the edges would be a fun project, and a great record of what activities we've done this year!

Got a photo Christmas Card from my sister today, and she had printed out her family picture from the computer (only hint was the HP watermark on the back of the paper).

Thanks! Dawny
Old 12-21-2002, 03:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Dawny75, I am so amazed with all the neat stuff you can do with the computer and alittle software. It is fun...I even made a family newsletter when it was someone's birthday...or made it a funny newsletter with...Beware of new Driver on the road..just turned 16 and thinks he is the best driver, he gets alot of practice playing PS2games...lol

I also made Christmas envelopes out of regular business envelopes...I added a picture like a Christmas tree or wreath...and then I could enclose a gift card, cash, or gift certificates for dinner, movies, etc. I personalized the envelopes with their name or nickname...Now whenever anyone gives me a card for my birthday..they don't write on it...they hand it to me because they know I can decorate them for another card to them or whoever has an event coming up!

janet
Old 12-21-2002, 04:34 PM
BoggsZ

Hi I also made my Christmas Cards this year put my daughters picture on them for the grandparents thay loved them also I just bought some magnet paper at walmart can't wait to try them. I think my favorite thing so far is making cards put I'd love some new ideas Iv also done iron on transfers. Keep the great ideas coming ladies.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:23 PM
BoggsZ

Eeyore, Really cute how did you do that I would love to make something like that. I'v made cards and tshirt transfurs but thats about it. Would love to do more with my computer.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Great ideas

You ladies are so talented, I wish I could do all of these fun things. I have a new computer and I am learning how to use some things on mine.I have Micosoft XP , and there are so many things a person can do,I guess I'm scared to try them. I also have a new scanner and don't even know how to use it. But reading all these posts just makes me want to try something
You ladies keep up the good work and ideas because one of these day's I will give you some ideas of my own too. First I need to learn! Thanks guys...Mellie

Last edited by melliechavez; 12-30-2002 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-27-2002, 04:12 AM
BoggsZ

Melliechavez, I also have XP its really user friendly just go for it if you do something wrong on it it fixes it self or tells you how and the scanner you will love it when you get used to it. Happy computering and crafting Have a great day
Old 12-29-2002, 08:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb To: BoggsZ

Hello
I guess I had better try using the scanner already, but I don't know what to do for starters, any ideas?
I know I will love it once I get the hang of it. I want to try some pictures that I have here, but I don't know if that's to hard. I really need ideas for using the scanner. Help!
One thing I did was get it connected and it is ready to go. Can I use any pictures I have here at home or do they have to be digital? Thanks for the encouragement.....
Mellie

Can I put the picture on a card or something? Boy I feel so dumb asking such a silly question, but I need to know. You see not all of us were born with such good brains LOL