Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:50 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

totally ot but....welcome all my new neighbors....

Check out these other two fav threads of mine

For those that homeschool...
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...ne=&forumid=81

What's for dinner thread...
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=1
Old 11-26-2002, 03:44 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

photos

Hi,I sug to save all the photos for the family after your death some one will enjoy them,besure names & the date of year they were taken,sure wish I had lot more of my family,grand parents & etc.Good luck.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:16 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh, such great ideas!! I have tons of copies, too. I have a bunch of albums--the copies I keep in those cardboard photo boxes(I was using shoe boxes, but the photo ones are stronger for stacking). The main thing I've done is get two albums and put photos of my kids in for Grandma--there is a pic of me and dh while I was pregnant at the beginning, then newborn pics, first steps, etc etc. A lot of these pictures they don't have, plus it gives them a timeline!

A bit ot, but I also grabbed my mom's photos and organized them for her, also into boxes. She doesn't have a lot of space to keep albums out, and this really helped her out. (Her mom had passed away and the family was sorting old photos--she didn't want us to have to do hers when she goes.) I labeled the ones I could and got help from other family when she couldn't remember what the picture was for. Then, I labeled the outside of the box with the subject and years of the photos. I gave them back to her as her mother's day gift(part of it, anyway). She was ecstatic!! She sat for two hours, just going through them and remembering!
Old 11-27-2002, 09:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Extra Photos

My mother always taught us that you want to grab your photo books in case of a house fire. Because those are the only thing unreplacable. But that is soooo danegerous. Just get out. SO, I thought that I either take the negatives & put them in a safety deposit box envelope of all my photos or else I take the 2nd set of prints & put in a box that I can store at someone else's house that you in return do the same for their photos at your house. I pray that you never need to recover the 2nd set, but just in case you would have them & still be safe getting them back.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

TifB, that is a great idea. Where in Kansas are you from?

I was watching HGTV today--the Carol Duvall Show. She had Dee Grunig (spelling?) on. She was making XMAS ornaments out of photos (although I think she used copies). What she did was bought a rubber stamp for a frame, colored it, cut is out, placed the photo in the frame with double stick tape, stuck a piece of ribbon for a hanger and mounted it on other piece of paper. It was real cute and I thought that that was an ingenious way of using old photos and that it would make a really special XMAS tree.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:51 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I meant to post this earlier, but it slipped my mind:

A cheap way to make photo magnets is to glue a picture to those free advertisment magnets--I got lucky last year when we moved into our house--the previous owner left a dozen on the fridge lol!
Old 11-28-2002, 03:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Extra Pics

I had a ton of extra pictures too, and I made a HUGE collage with all of them. I bought a big frame (I think it's 20 x 24, I told you it was HUGE!) and used the blank side of the paper that comes in the frame. First I cut all of the pictures out so you can just see the people, not the background. Then I glued the pics on the paper with a glue stick and then put captions on all of the pictures. It turned out really cute and it's a great conversation piece, and of course, my kids love it. You can find captions at just about any camera store, but I got all of mine from Walgreens. Goodluck!

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb WHAT TO DO WITH EXTRA PICTURES

Put your extra pictures & negatives in a safe deposit box at the bank! Friends have told me that in case of fire, tornado, etc. you will be glad to have those extra pictures. May nothing tragic like this ever happen to you, but the pictures are priceless & you will be glad they are available someday should something happen to your house.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:47 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

scrap book

make a scrapbook !!
Old 07-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

you can practice cutting the pictures up in fancy shapes, then if you goof you got the other picture

cut the pieces up in different shapes like a jigsaw puzzel and let the kids put them together again using the other pictue as what it would look like

helps with eye and hand muscles.

MrsManiac
what kind of glue did you use to glue those photo magnets to the free adverstisment magnets?

Last edited by bar_bar; 07-28-2004 at 03:47 PM.