Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 05-20-2002, 01:18 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing sports related survival kits

Just thinking about Father's Day gifts..just for fun kind, and have a family full of sports fans...especially baseball and football, and one is SO into hockey....I really need help on that one.....for baseball I have Rubber band for the 7th inning stretch, balloon so you don't blow up at the other team....any thoughts or help out there would be much appreciated!
Old 05-20-2002, 08:10 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

How about jaw breakers for when you need to bite your tongue.., a small hand towel for all the blood, sweat and tears, and preparation H for all those long hours of sitting on the hard stands?
Old 05-24-2002, 01:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sports Survival Kits

eh he he he!! Loved the Preparation H suggestion! Those stadium seats really are a pain in the behind!!

Here's some more ideas:

A can of nuts---you've got to be nutty to go to the games in bad weather!

Hershey kisses---for the sweet victory after losing so many games!

Candy Lifesavers--for those days when your team can't seem to win no matter what.

Erasers--to erase those fouls your team keeps making.

Bandaids--to heal the hurt of a disappointing season or game.

Toothpicks--to remind you not to pick on the opposing team..just cheer for yours!

Marbles--for when you think your spouse has finally lost of his!

A cotton ball--for the rough trips and seats!

A fan--to keep your cool when your team's not winning.

a button-- to button your lip and count to 10 when you're angry.
Camden-3
Cassandra-1
Old 05-28-2002, 07:50 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Father's Day?

Hi..my name is Amanda. I'm 15 years old. I'm trying to figure out a little dilema I'm having about Father's Day. This guy named Mike has been a really good friend of my family's for about three and a half years now, and I love him as if he were my father(I grew up with a stepfather, who is now divorced from my mother, and have never met my real father), and I wish he was my father. I have been "driving myself crazy" trying to figure out if I should send him a card or anything for Father's Day, or if it would just be "weird"? He's been more of a father to me these past three years than anyone else ever has(and that includes my step father!), and he loves me as if I was his own daughter(he has no kids of his own). Any ideas would be appreciated!

Old 06-04-2002, 05:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I think that would be sooo sweet ...Not at all weird! If he's been a father figure to you and you love him that much. I think he'd appreciate knowing how you feel.
Have a good one! Wild
Old 06-04-2002, 10:03 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, a couple weeks ago I sent Mike an email and explained to him how I feel, he sent me a reply back but it really wasn't what I expected...I think he was just at a loss for words
One reason I am kind of cautious about giving him a card or something is because after my mom and my stepfather split up(oct '99), the following father's day I gave Steve a "You're like a Father to Me" card, and he basically kind of scoffed at it and really hurt my feelings. I really don't think Mike would do that to me, but it still makes me cautious...