Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 02-08-2002, 03:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flubber Recipe

Does anyone have the flubber recipe? I can't find it and wanted to make it with my girls soon. They love playing with it and it's not hard to make. I know it's Borax and something? Thanks.

Rebecca
Old 02-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Gak Recipe

1 cup white glue
food coloring, your choice of color
1 cup liquid starch
Pour glue and coloring in plastic container.

Stir until color is thoroughly mixed in. Add starch a little at a time, stirring with a spoon or kneading with your fingers as mixture thickens. Keep stirring until mixture holds together like putty. Test with your fingers: if too sticky, add more starch in small amounts until mass is smooth and rubbery.

Old 02-08-2002, 12:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for all the fun recipes! We made blue flubber this afternoon and it was a lot of fun.

Rebecca
Old 02-08-2002, 08:57 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

recipe for simular and a flubber recipe

Homemade Gooey-gak for Kids
from http://kidsdomain.com/craft/gooeygak.html

Note: As in all recipes, results can vary depending on humidity, conditions, etc. Please try any recipe out before attempting in a group setting.

This project is rated VERY EASY to do.

Wire whisk
1 cup all purpose glue
¾ cup water
1 tablespoon tempera paint, your choice of color
Borax

Mix together with wire whisk the all purpose glue, water, and tempera paint. I used the powdered tempera, but the liquid works just as well -- just don't mix the powdered too thin.
Mix separately 1/3 c. water and ½ tsp. borax. Slowly pour borax mix into glue mix. Let stand a few minutes, then knead. Pour off any remaining liquid. Store in plastic bags. Repeat for different colors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glook Recipes
from: http://homeparents.about.com/library/weekly/blglook.htm

1 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Water
Food Coloring

Mix all ingredients. Great for squeezing through your hands. You can change the consistency by adding more water, then more cornstarch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recipe For Slime

2 cups white glue (Elmer's or just white craft glue. Please make sure glue used is water soluble)
2 cups Water
Food colorings
1 tsp. Borax

In a bowl, mix the glue, 1 1/2 cups of the water and food coloring. In a separate bowl, dissolve the borax in 1/2 cup of water. Add to the glue mixture. You will get a very thick clump of Slime where the two mix.

Mix in one bowl:

3/4 cup of water
1 cup glue (such as Elmer's)

Dissolve in separate bowl:

1 cup water
1 tsp. borax

Add both mixtures together and add any coloring you might want if any. You get a great shiny plastic like silly putty that is really fun! Should be stored the same as play doh. Hope you enjoy it.

Gak Recipe - A to Z Home's Cool Homeschooling http://www.gomilpitas.com/homeschooling/extras/Gak.htm
this one has a flubber craft recipe

Love and god bless,
kay

Last edited by Shawn; 02-09-2002 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-09-2002, 04:30 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow! Thank you too for all the fun recipes!!! I am so curious about why Borax is an ingredient in so many of these craft recipes?

We made two batches of Flubber yesterday and my girls had the best time playing with it. Even dad couldn't help playing with it a little!

Rebecca
Old 02-09-2002, 07:25 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

glad you enjoyed those links n recipes

If you are interested , I have many links to craft kid recipes such as face paints, edible play doughs, sidewalk chalks, let me know and I will post some of the links,
Sounds like all had fun with the flubber ,
love and god bless,
kay
Old 02-09-2002, 03:48 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

These sound like fun! I need some more borax too make laundry soap anyway! I think I will also pick up some glue. I'm sure my kids will love these!
Old 02-13-2002, 09:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Craft Recipes galore

I have a craft page on my site that has tons of craft recipes for kids. Here is a list of what is there:
• Homemade Ice Cream
• Sidewalk Chalk
• Play Dough
• Finger-paints
• Quick & Easy Modeling Clay
• Flower Preservative
• Cool Slime
• Bubbles
• Watercolors
• Simple Paste Recipes
• Silly Putty
• Clown Paint
• Fantastic Flubber
• Soap Crayons
• Paper Mache'
• Face Paint
• Soap Surprise

Each recipe link will open in an easy print page. There is also a link to an article that has fun ideas for using these recipes. Hope this helps and you have lots of fun!

Click Here to Get these recipes

2CoolBaby for 2Cool Parents and Kids