Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 08-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

ajrsmom,

I owe you some thanks, too, for your suggestion about how to begin a thread on miniature houses.
By now, you may have seen I am on as the thread-starter, and thanks to Sue and Amanda, who both helped me in their ways. I didn't mean to neglect you. I just got tied up in some things, so am late.--Sorry.

Marilyn.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Oh dont worry, I didnt feel neglected at all. Im glad to see the new topic and hope you get many responders. Im excited about seeing your pics too.

When we get settled into a place for a while, I would love to have a collection like this to set out..especially at Christmas.

Sounds like you really enjoy your projects ! Are you selling them at craft shows and places or are you just making them for home ?
Old 08-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

Hi ajrsmom,

I made them to keep. When working I did paint a few for a co-worker who insisted on paying me. I never felt right about that, though. I would not do that again.

When I am through with them they will go to my kids--if they would like to have them.

It will be a little while before I get the pictures, as I just began a new roll of film, with 24 exposures.

Old 08-02-2002, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

I forgot to mention a couple things. One is that some people put yellow plastic on the inside of the houses so when lights are on it makes itlook more normal. Since I use the multi-colord small lights, the colors probably wouldn't show up well. I like them as is.

Another thing is that I choose color combinations which are not the dark colors one sees on those in stores. I like them in the stores, but when I tried to use that many dark colors on one building, somehow, it didn't look just right to me. ---Maybe there is something wrong with me, as I really do like them when I see them. Oh well! --Who's perfect!! LOL.

Marilyn.

Old 08-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle Happy for Grandma!

Hi, just dropped in and found that you have a new following! I have to tell everyone that I have quite a few of the houses that my grandma has painted. I have two favorites out of all of them. One is a for Halloween. It is GREAT! I have it out every Halloween. I also especially love one of the Christmas houses that has very nice shade of pink for the roof. She also gave me a village with lights that goes on my entertainment center every Christmas! My daughter likes to arrange the different town buildings every year.

GO GRANDMA!
Old 08-03-2002, 04:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

Hi Dawn,

I am glad you enjoy the houses, and the pumpkin. I had forgotten about the houses. I never have seen a pumpkin again, but if I do, I will buy it. I loved those little figures inside. They were so cute. Possibly at Hallowe'en there might be some plaster things out, and I'll pick them up. Isn't it odd--this is the only craft thing I ever got into. Your mom, now, is different, and I just wish she had shown that interest in crafts when she was younger. I'd have been happy to get her some things to occupy her time. She was such a loner then. --Not that I didn't understand why. Glad, too, that Rachel likes them.

Haven't heard from you for awhile 'til now.

TTFN. Love, Grandma

Old 09-17-2002, 05:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle House Pictures

Hi Amanda--

I found some snaps of my houses taken two years ago Christmas, and feel they would be more suitable to send you than those I just got back, if you are interested. The others are too light to see much.
If you would like them let me know where to send them, please. I will enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for their return.

Thanks.

Old 09-17-2002, 08:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Marilyn I love your thread on these cute houses. I have seen them in Michles and thought about trying them some time but I always seem to have something else that needs to be done.

I will be visiting this thread often - waiting to seee the pictures of your houses.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle I didn't get lost!

I was just checking various forums, when I came to this again, and wanted to say I did not forget about pictures of houses. Ever since joining FC, I have not found time to do any painting, although I did try one time last October.

I became so interested in all FC has to offer, I ended up putting all the paints, and houses away again. I just couldn't find time to do both at the same time, and the snaps I took did not turn out well enough to send to anyone.

The flash of my camera goes off with each picture, and it made too much light. No matter what I tried, all snaps came out too light to see any details. I'll try another way sometime, but so far I have umpteen snaps which all came out the same way--too light.

At the present time I am painting rooms in our house, and even gardening is taking a back seat until I finish.~~~Poor yard!!