Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 02-04-2002, 02:02 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

no problem

enjoyed being of assistance, glad I could help. Just no one ask me about angels, lol, I go nuts on those, nice to have met you
Brenda, enjoy your jar crafting,
Love and God Bless,
kay
Old 02-19-2002, 06:21 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by otheila
Here is some idea's
candle holders, can be decorated,
screw lids to inderside of a shelf for storage of small items.
lighted triangles, can be used for x-mas, valentines, halloween. I have one that is made into an 'aquarium'
hanging lanterns
mini terraniums
garden borders ( need a lot for this one needs stacking)
decorated for hm xmas gifts ie: jams
If you need the instructions for any let me know.
Please post the directions for these crafts... Thanks
Old 02-19-2002, 08:00 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I almost forgot that I had this one on the site LOL This is specific to St. Patrick's Day, but it's still cute!

A Pot of Gold
http://www.thefamilycorner.com/cgi-b...mp.cgi?ID=6122

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 02-20-2002, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The lighted triange is the christmas tree. I hang small glass ornaments in front of the lights for different themes. My aquarium has fish and blue lights.

The organizer is:

1 board about 3'' wide cut to desired legnth depending on how many jars you are using.
This will be your shelf. You can attach this to the wall with L brackets.
Paint your board the way you would like.
Take the lids to the jars and screw them to the underside of the shelf. 2 screws per lid.
Then you can decorate the jars if you like. Screw these back on to the lids.
Great for sewing rooms, workshops, kitchen ( for spices) anyplace there is a need for storage for smalll things.

The hanging lantern you need:
18 or16 gauge wire of your choice, I like galvanized steel for this but you could use copper, brass, aluminum..........
wire cutters and pliers and jars
Make a large S hook with your wire.
making curliques have a lenght of 4'' with a loop at the end. wrap wire around the mouth of the jar have a loop at one end and a hook at the other end of the wire. Attach the hook to the loop on the curlique and the loop is to attach the next curlique.
Repeat this untill you have reached your desired length.
The large S hook is to hang the lanterns after complete. This is kinda of confusing I'll see if I can find a picture to help explain.

I'll post the others later I gotta run.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

http://www.geocities.com/kraftprojec...cts-trash.html

Has alot of jar ideas. This is one of my favorite craft sites also.

ps. this isn't the site with the hanging jar lanters I described but the have nice ones too
Old 03-09-2002, 10:34 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

You know, I never really thought of using baby jars as crafts but these ideas are so cool, I am going to have to try them. Thanks all!
Old 05-19-2002, 06:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Please excuse me if any of these are repeats

Candles

You take many colors of tissue paper that is cut or torn into small shapes. With a mixture of glue and water, you "paint" the glue onto the tissue paper, then layer onto side of jar. Completely cover the jar with tissue and let dry. You might have to glue down corners and edges if they weren't covered enough the first time. Then put in a small votive type candle, and there you have a great gift, or whatever else you want. If you get really ambitious, you can have the kids (or you) melt paraffin and make the candles inside the jar yourself. If you melt your own paraffin, add a few drops of oil such as lavender or a flower scent for a wonderful smelling candle.

Paper Weights

Put colored sand in to make paperweights. They are a good size, and you can spray paint the lids.

Potpourri Jars

You could purchase some potpourri and ribbon. You could put mesh over the top, tie a lace ribbon around it and place potpourri inside. This is a very pretty decoration and can easily be replaced when the smell goes away.

I will post more later
Old 05-20-2002, 08:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Christmas Card Candle Holder

* Used Christmas Cards (can also use stickers)
* Baby Food Jar
* Glue
* Rubber Band
* Salt

Cut out a pretty picture from an old card or use stickers; it should be small enough to fit on the side of a baby food jar. Cover the back of the picture with glue and glue it to the jar. Put a rubber band around the jar to hold picture in place till glue dries.

Remove rubber band. Using a paintbrush, cover the outside of the jar with glue. Sprinkle salt over all of it to make the jar glisten. Let dry.

Optional: Tie a piece of curling ribbon around the rim. Put candle inside.
Old 05-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Baby food containers

Has anyone seen the new baby food containers? They are really neat and made of plastic with snap on lids. Now, I wonder what you can make from these?
My daughter saved me some and my husband has already made use of some of these. He puts his screws and drill bitts in them. I even pack tuna salad or egg salad for his lunch so he can make his own sandwich or just use on crackers. But haven't come up with anything else yet.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2002, 06:19 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

This is probably an old idea, but for the old glass babyfood jars, I would think in a craftroom they would be ideal for all those little notions, buttons, etc. You can screw the lids to the bottom side of a shelf and then just screw the filled jars into the lids. Keeps them out of the way but right at hand. Hmmm, makes me wish I had a newbo......................what am I saying???? Take that back. I'll salvage some from someone's trash. lol