Rubber Stamps - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 06-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Rubber Stamps

Where is there a reasonable priced rubber stamp place that I might find some good ones.?
Old 06-29-2002, 02:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Rubber Stamps

You can buy rubber stamps at Wal-Mart or JoAnn Fabrics. There are also two home party plans that sell rubber stamps, one is Stamping Up, you have to mount their stamps, but they give you all the things to do it so it makes it a little cheaper. Also their stamps come in sets. The other party plan is Close to my Heart. Hope this helps!
Old 06-30-2002, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

There are a couple of other craft stores that carry rubber stamps also if you have them in your area--Michael's and AC Moore. I know AC Moore carries one line called Anita's that is not quite as nice of a wood, but they stamp fine and are priced cheaper than the other lines of wood mounted stamps.

I have gotten into buying from Stampin' UP! They sell through demonstrators that do workshops in people's homes. I think you can try to locate a demonstrator in your area by going to their website. . . www.stampinup.com . They still cost quite a bit of money because you are buying a set of 4, 10 or even 17 stamps at a time, but if you break down the per stamp price it is cheaper! It is not difficult to mount the stamps yourself--you get an instruction booklet with your stamps, and after your first time, you'll be a pro! It takes a little time, but saves money. The nice thing about the sets is that you have a whole group of stamps that coordinate with each other! They also have some sets that are good for starting out with until you have money to get more--that's how I started, and now I have gradually gotten quite a collection. If you find a demonstrator in your area, they would be able to make some suggestions also.

I have also heard of The Angel Company which is another home party stamp company. They sell both mounted and unmounted stamps. I need to get in touch with a demostrator in my area and find out more about them. They have a website also. . .
www.theangelcompany.net .

Hope this helps!
Old 06-30-2002, 07:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

There are lots of ads for places that sell rubber stamps listed in various craft magazines (e.g. Expressions, Sommerset Studio, etc.). You might want to look at those to see the styles of stamps you prefer and then check out several websites to do some comparison shopping. I find that JoAnn's, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby tend to carry more of the sweet, cutesy types, so when I want something truly funky or unusual, I peruse the online/catalog store.

Teresa

Find out more about autism at:
Autism Research Institute
Old 07-03-2002, 04:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I usually buy my stamps at Michaels and I noticed last time I was there that they have added quite an assortment.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Rubber Stamps

I buy stamps from all places. I like the stampin up ones becaues of the sets you get but the cost is alot at first. Also try the craft magz. They have lots of stampping ones and there is alot of online sites out there plus look around. I live in Florida and just found out there are two super stores down in orlando! Good luck just shop around ! I also always check the clearences rack you tend to fine great buys on good stamp.lol Terri