Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about scrapbooking?
I love scrapbooking! 15 33.33%
I like it but it's not my favorite crafting hobby 4 8.89%
I'd like to give it a try but I don't know where to begin 9 20.00%
I've started some pages but I've never finished them 3 6.67%
It doesn't interest me at all 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
How do you feel about scrapbooking?

Scrapbooking is one hobby that has been continuously soaring in popularity for a while now. How do you feel about it? Does it interest you or not? Let us know in this week's poll.

There are 2 very interesting article featured in the weekly forums newsletter that will be issued this Friday.

The weekly article features many useful tips on scrapbooking your summer vacations. With summer ending and fall just starting out, I'm sure that a lot of us have extra pictures laying around!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am so bad. I have YEARS of photos lying around. Big DS is almost 17!!! I think I scrapbooked only the first year of his life. I've never gotten back into it.

I should really turn DD loose on this. She likes crafty things like that. It would be a good project for her.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I Love Scrapbooking, I only wish I had more time to do more of it. I have made books for each of my kids for their high school graduation. I have done some vacation scrapbooking , but have plans in my head for more thing to do. One draw back I find is having a space that I could have all my stuff and leave it out while I am working on a project. It take so much time getting things out and then packing it all up again when I am done for the day,
Old 10-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I love scrapbooking......I am so far behind though....I have a table set up but I have outgrown that space....I do try and do a little each week. I find that I do more once the cooler weather starts. I tend to get side tracked by making homemade cards....
Barb my DD loves to scrapbook...if we have a rainy sat and nothing planned the two of us will have a pj day and sit and scrapbook all day.

I actually have a girlfriend coming over this weekend to spend an evening scrapbooking

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 AM

Happy face

I don't do scrapbooking at all.. I'm lucky if I get my pictures put in an album. I have a big tote full of pictures that have never been put in an album. I know, I know, I should do that, but I just can't get started on them. I have some treasured family tree photos that are in my family tree album, but that's as far as I got.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

I love scrapbooking I do this in spurts, no particular time is set aside I do it when I'm bored or just when ever the mood takes me. I love a lot of crafts though, they mix over the years and then I go back and forth with each one learnt.

When I started scrapping I already had my photos sorted and in albums, so carrying them over to the scrapping albums was not the herculean task it could have been if they had not been sorted to begin with.
All in all once you do get started you're hooked and feel the need to keep going.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Assistant Moderator

I love to scapbook and make cards. I do find I have more time to digital scrapbook. I am hoping when we move to have all my paper crafts and the computer in one room. Do you ever get caught up? I wish my dd was crafty but she is not.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Assistant Moderator

When I married and left home I wanted photos of when I was little, mum had them in an old suitcase in a big jumble, I decided then and there that I would sort my photos as I had them developed, and popped in a multi sleeved (3 photos left page 3 photos right page) album with dates. When the kids came along I made sure I had their photos sorted also as I was not going to get in the situation for the boys and their wives in the future. When the boys marry their albums become theirs and their wives can look after them. I have one for ds1, one for ds2 and our album, these albums have their own photos and family events and photos.

Do I ever get caught up, even if the photos are not scrapped, when they are developed they go into the sleeves of their albums and are instantly sorted if not stuck down.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:06 PM

All my photos are in albums. Plus I have my mom's albums and my dd's albums.
I love to scrapbook but I also love to do a lot of other things. I don't have time for everything. I do want to make scrapbooks of certain things such as country concerts or all the pets I have had. Plus a few others.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I love scrappbooking,most of mine is done in the summer around my grands playing baseball.I started a book for each one of my daughter's kids that play.I also like doing ATC cards ,they are alittle like scrapping.