Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thumbs up Storage for Craft Supplies

Here are a few quick and easy solutions to Storing Craft Supplies...

I use plastic containers to store crochet hooks,pins,needles...

Shoe boxes work great for storing stickers,embellishments,etc...

Tackle boxes are great for paints & brushes...and for odds and ends for cardmaking,scrapbooking...

Stackable plastic containers can be used for storing scrapbooking supplies,buttons,pins,etc...

Yarn I store in plastic containers such as the ziploc ones...
Old 03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Baskets are great too. I also have the those storage bins that are a bunch of little drawers in a plastic cabinet. Great for little parts like little bows,butterflies,birds,wooden parts and plastic pics for cakes etc., to name just a few. I have three of these and there is 12 little 3 by 4 inch drawers in each. I also have big tool chests on wheels with several drawers and a big covered compartment in the bottom that I use for jars etc.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Candy I use the wicker baskets in the bathroom for hairbrushes in one...lotions in another and shampoo's and bubble bath in the larger one...saves alot of room for us in the small bathroom...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Teresa, I have a tri hanging basket by my shower. With razers extra soap and shampoo in it. You can reach it from within. I also have a oblong square basket by my toaster with peanutbutter, salt and pepper, honey ,butter, splenda and toothpics in it. I like putting things in baskets so I can easily move the whole basket to clean the counter. Once a month or so I can wash the baskets and let dry and load them up again.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Assistant Moderator

When I was transporting paints and brushes the fishing tackle boxes were great, now the kids have them with thier model paints etc.
Also good for sewing bits and peices.

I put my crochet hooks in single toothbrush holders (split top half and bottom half)

I have a wall of shelves that house 14 A4 drawers for papers and the other 18 shelves have 12X12 papers for scrapping, labelers, boxes with strings, ribbons, stickers, that is my fave wall of stuff!

For my work desks I actually have those kitchen chopping units with wheels and 2 drawers underneath (2 of those) that hold my pens, scissors, stamp inks, glue, lollis and chewing gum LOL.

I do have another unit that has pizza boxes, new, and they have stuff in them.

The little click lid boxes that you get for your nails, screw, sinkers, hooks etc are brilliant for eyelets, beads, brads, paper clips, pins and they stack neatly onto the shelves. I guess I'm lucky I can stretch out in the room.

I think going to the harware store is fun cause there are so many things that the guys think are for them and they aren't LOL

Old 03-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have a whole room to stretch out in too. Its nice, I can leave what I'm working on and come back to it without having to put everything away.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Assistant Moderator

CD cases, take the inside holder portion out and then you can use the case for groupings of stickers.
They stack so nicely on their sides on a shelf and are easy to flick through to find the ones you want.

If you have the clear silicone stampers they can be stored this way also

Old 08-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Assistant Moderator

Love your idea Bilby about the cd cases... what a clever idea, thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Like Kathy, I use fising tackle boxes for many of my craft supplies.
I have some fishing tackle boxes that are smaller, with lids, that fit inside of a larger tackle bag. These boxes have removable partitions so you can make compartments that fit your needs. I use these for craft supplies. One box containes my scrapbooking tools---tape, glue, pens, punches, etc. When I get ready to scrape I just pull the box out and all my tools are there. A couple other I have set up to hold tiles for teabag folding. Since I can change the compartments to the size I need these containers are a great way to seperate all the different teabag tiles so they ready for folding.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM

Bilby

I too liked your CD case idea... I don't do scrapbooking however I make alot of labels for my candle jars, soaps, etc. and always seem to have leftover odds and ends labels.... this would be a great way to preplan or tassle up all those loose labels.

Anna