Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Need help from crafty moms...

Hello,

This may sound really strange...a woman that I work with got this really cute bracelet from her son for mothers day. It was made by his own hand out of stretch cord and small pony beads. Now what I need help with is the poem that it came with. There was a poem that described the colors of the bracelet...ie...red is for all the times you hug me each day, blue is for all the times you wiped my tears when I fell...I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before or if someone knew of a cute poem that is writen in this manor (I am not good with poems).

I thought it would work for just about anytime of year, birthdays, mothers/fathers day, and just because...

I would also like to see if the poem could be writen to symbolise failth for young children. I'm a youlth leader at my church and the younger children tend to learn better if they can use symbolism and association...I think it would be fun for them.

Thank you for all of your time.

D
Old 07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Welcome to Family Corner!

I am Mom to an "AJ" too!

I really like your bracelet idea so if you would, please share the final instructions with us.

I hope that someone here can help you.

I am going to move your thread into our kids crafts forums so that hopefully it will get more recognition.

I hope that you will stay and get to know us here at FC!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I found this religious bracelet with poem:

http://www.crochetcabana.com/craftyc...s-bracelet.htm

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 07-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you so much Tami, I think the kids are going to love it!!! Thank you for moving the thread for me, I'm still trying to understand the site...not as computer literate as I want to be.

PS Congrats on the weight loss! You can deffinately make your goal!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hello Aj Mommyrocks, I see you are fairly new and just wanted to drop in to say Welcome to FC.

hope to see you sometime on the religious fourm...
how old are your kids?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you...I am fairly new to this site and I can't really make heads nor tails of it so far...I'm really not good at this sort of thing.

I have 4 boys...11, 9, 6, and 5...all boys!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMommyRocks
Thank you...I am fairly new to this site and I can't really make heads nor tails of it so far...I'm really not good at this sort of thing.

I have 4 boys...11, 9, 6, and 5...all boys!
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time navigating the forums.

If you need help or have any questions, you can PM me or email me at [email protected] at any time. I would be glad to help you out.

I bet you certainly have your hands full with all of your boys. I have an almost-10 yr.old (my AJ) and a 4 yr. old daughter. They are enough to drive me nuts sometimes! LOL!

If we get the kids' postcard club up and running again, I would love for you and your kids to join us!

Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. I am not going to say that it has been easy. I love to eat! I am trying my best, though! I really hope to meet my 1st goal. I have to say that besides my family, my support comes from here at FC!! Really!!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 07-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello and welcome!!
I am not new to this site but I don't visit it all that often.
I entered just a few words from your poem and this is what I got:

Nurses Are Special The colors of this bracelet represent how special you are to me. Blue is for all the considerate things you do. Yellow is for the sunshine you bring to our lives. Pink is for you dedication. Green is for my eternal thanks.

The Lord is my Shepherd I Shall not want.(White) He makes me lie down in green pastures.(Green) He leads me beside still waters.(Blue) He restores my soul.(Smoke) He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.(Red) Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.(Black) Your rod and your staff they comfor me.(Brown) Your prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;(Yellow) My cup overflows. Surely goodness an mercy will follow me all the days of my life.(Purple) And I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.(Gold)

These versus came from Kay Wiggins Jewelry.

I would be interested in knowing the rest of the mother's poem, for a gift from my niece from her daughter. I have started making bead jewelry and would love to give her a bracelet and the poem for her birthday.

Could you ask the person who got that poem if she would share it with you? And would you share it with us?