FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Crafty Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/crafty-corner/)
-   -   Cloth Dolls And Animals (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/crafty-corner/2072-cloth-dolls-animals.html)

dolores 06-08-2002 12:58 PM

Cloth Dolls And Animals

:. HI EVERYONE !
I WONDER IF ANY OF YOU WOULD HAVE SIMPLE PATTERNS FOR CLOTH DOLLS AND ANIMALS ESPECIALLY CATS ?
THE REASON I NEED SIMPLE ONES RIGHT NOW IS BECAUSE , I AM WITHOUT A MACHINE AT PRESENT AND WILL BE HAND SEWING ! ALSO DUE TO A MUSCLE PROBLEM , I HAVE TO DO A SIMPLE PATTERN ! :.
OH , I HOPE SOME WILL POP INTO MIND SINCE , I REALLY CAN'T KEEP MY HANDS IDLE !!!! I WON'T BE HAPPY IF I'M NOT MAKING SOMETHING ! I KNOW YOU CAN ALL RELATE TO THIS ! ;)
THANKS IN ADVANCE . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AS WELL .
WISHING ALL A LOVELY WEEKEND ! DOLORES

dolores 06-15-2002 06:09 AM

cloth dolls & thank you

:daisy:
I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING THE WEB FOR SIMPLE CLOTH DOLLS , CATS AND PRETTY THINGS TO MAKE FOR GIFTS . I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO THE LADIES THAT FOUND SOME FOR ME ! I AM TO SAY THE LEAST OVERJOYED ! BECAUSE OF AN ILLNESS , I NEEDED TO HAVE EASY-TO-DO ITEMS . ICAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED , ON MY WAY TO THE CRAFT SHOP ! IF ANYONE SHOULD FIND SOME OTHERS LET ME THANK YOU NOW BECAUSE , I CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH !ROFLMAO
I WISH YOU ALL A LOVELY AND PRODUCTIVE DAY . DOLORES

dorknob 06-15-2002 01:01 PM

Patterns for dolls

Hi Dolores,

There are patterns for a doll and a bear on the Internet; I just found them last week. One is called Dolly Hugs and the boy version is called Bear Hugs. The arms of both are designed to wrap around the child's neck.

I don't have the actual website address, but if you do a search, using www.google.com, with the title Dolly Hugs, and again using Bear Hugs, I'm sure you wont' have any trouble finding the patterns. You can print out the pattern itself and the directions.

I hope you'll be able to find it.

Doris

dolores 06-15-2002 02:17 PM

Hi Doris ! ;)

ROFLMAO
HI DORIS ,
I JUST FOUND THEM !! ::-)::
YOU ARE A SWEETIE ! I STILL CAN'T GET OVER HOW GREAT THE WOMEN OF THIS GROUP ARE .
I WENT TO THE CRAFT STORE TODAY AND WAS ABLE TO FIND EVERYTHING I NEED EXCEPT FOR MORE MUSLIN ! BUT , I THINK, I CAN GET MORE DURING THE WEEK .
DO YOU MAKE DOLLS , CATS , ETC. ?
I DO MANY THINGS , I AM ALWAYS MAKING SOMETHING HOWEVER, I'M SURE THAT, I AM NO WHERE NEAR THE REST OF YOU MAYBE IN CROCHETING ! ;)
AGAIN MY FRIEND THANK YOU , I AM SO GRATEFUL ! DOLORES

dorknob 06-15-2002 08:14 PM

Dolores,

I just found another pattern that I had printed off the Internet the other day. It's for sock babies. All you need is a pair of socks, some stuffing, some yarn, ribbon, glue, colored pencils and needle and thread. The website is:

http://www.wwvisions.com/newsletter/.../sockdoll.html

Hope you can find it.

If you're interested in crocheting, there is a pattern for a crocheted 10" doll (and her clothes and sleeping bag) at:

http://www.comnett.net/~craftbookbarn/dolly.html

I thought both of the above would be good projects for donating to homeless shelters, etc.

Doris

dolores 06-16-2002 11:20 AM

HI DORIS +)

:daisy:
HI DORIS ,
I DID MAKE THE SOCK DOLL , IF YOU ARE THINKING OF MAKING ON , DO ! THE ARE ADORABLE !
YES , I LOVE CROCHETING AND I WILL TRY THIS ONE IT'S SO CUTE !
DO YOU DO PROJECTS FOR TE HOMELESS ?
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO THE FATHERS YOU LOVE ! DOLORES

dorknob 06-16-2002 11:45 AM

Hi again Dolores,

No, I haven't made anything for the homeless yet, but I have so much fabric and yarn around the house, and there are so many good patterns on the internet, I thought I would start. Hats are so easy to knit and crochet that it shouldn't take too long to make one up.

I used to cochet and knit baby hats to donate to our local hospital, but now I just go in and donate my time once a week instead. It's a good way to make friends and meet new people.
I love it!

My latest project is crocheting edgings on socks for my granddaughter. I hope to have a few pairs ready for her when she starts first grade next fall.

Doris

dolores 06-17-2002 03:13 AM

:cat:
HI DORIS ,
THAT IS FUN DOING THE EDGING ON SOCKS ! HOW MANY GRANDCHILDREN DO YOU HAVE ?
I HAVE A GRANDSON CHRIS ,ELEVEN --TWO GRANDDAUGHTER'S , SHAWNA EIGHT AND JENNA SEVEN !
I THINK THAT IS GREAT TO SPEND TIME AT THE HOSPITALS THE WAY YOU DO . I HAVE WORKED WITH THE HOMELESS MOST OF MY ADULT LIFE . AT PRESENT I AM UNABLE TO WORK .
I MADE A CAT , I COULDN'T GET THE PATTERN BUT DID GET TO SEE THE PHOTO . I LIKE IT A LOT . SO ,I WILL BE LOOKING FOR MATERIAL NEXT WEEK TO MAKE MORE ! I'M GLAD BECAUSE, I WANT TO GIVE THEM TO MY " MANY" CAT LOVING FAMILY AND FRIENDS FOR CHRISTMAS .
:cat:
HAVE A LOVELY DAY , DOLORES

dolores 07-27-2002 10:53 AM

WHERE ARE YOU ????? ;)

I HAVE RECEIVED THREE NOTICES THAT SOMEONE HAS POSTED HERE TODAY JULY 27 .........
BUT , IT IS NOT SHOWING UP PLEASE FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]
I WANT TO READ YOUR POST !!!ROFLMAO
THANK YOU AND ENJOY THIS DAY . DOLORES

emajmom 07-27-2002 01:39 PM

Vaccuum Bunny

1 Attachment(s)
I CANT GET THIS TO SCAN RIGHT, BUT IT COVERS MY VACCUUM...