Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Assistant Moderator

Drink bottle bags

Make an easy personalised fun cloth bag that soaks up all that condensation for that frozen drink bottle in the summer.

I face washer cloth, a print the child likes.
A large needle and thick thread or thin wool of a colour that matches.
Fold the face cloth in half so the main finished edge is at the top.
Sew across the bottom and up the side with a loop around stitch, or blanket stitch if able stopping approx an inch from the top, to allow easy access.
This bag actually takes a reasonably large bottle 600ml or small bottle with a small cold brick inside.
I've made several over the years and they last great. The kids can find their drink bottles on their desks easily, due to picture or chosen colourand they wash up so well in the machine.
If in a hurry leaving the house I put in a drink and a meusli bar and the kids have a snack bag of their own, no condenstion dripping of that cold bottle.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cute idea Kathy...I will have to make a few but no hand sewing here it will be with my machine!! LOL

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

I sew them by hand as they are something I take to sports or training, for when I sit in the car and have nothing much to do.
I saw the kids in class had teatowels and rubber bands they were just so messy by the end of the day of handleing, there had to be a better way.
My kids are over patterns

Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Kathy, that's a great idea. Now, I am already planning stocking fillers from "Nanna's Santa". Thanks for the boost and the idea.

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 05-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Great idea Kathy...would this also work with jean material...you know the bottom part of a pant leg...and then all you would have to sew in the bottom part of it and it gives more room to put snacks in with the drink...but fold the top down and put in a drawstring...using a shoe lace or some thing like that...to keep the top closed...

Last edited by BuddyBeanieBaby; 05-01-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Drink bottle bags

Thats a great idea I am going to make some for my grand kids I know thay will love them LOLBunny

Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Assistant Moderator

BBB
It would work with any material you had, I just like face cloths as they are bound on all edges for no fraying, and they absorb the moisture from the cold drinks.
Girls could have bead strands/ flowers, charms, boys could have boys prints. Personalise.
There is a bit of bulk on the bottom but with the weight of the drink it sits flat on a desk.

If you were industrious there is no reason you couldn't fold down the top portion, sew, and thread in a draw string to pull tight.

Limited only by your imagination LOL the humble face cloth!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Assistant Moderator

Now that I don't need as many drink bottle cloths/bags, due to 1 not at school or sport I found that these make a nice potholder!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

... also found out they are good for cleaning snack pack custards out of lunch bags when the lunch bag has been thrown around and the custard pack explodes LOL

Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love this idea!!! I carry a water bottle to work with me and it can sweat causing wet rings on my desk. This project will solve that problem. Thanks Kathy!!!!