Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Very cute! I've heard of this before but I'd never seen one completed. It looks much nicer than you would think a paper bag book could look. Nice job! You've inspired me to try this w/ my girls. They'll love it!

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I had my first workshop at the Library using this idea. It is very fun and easy to do. The best part was I bought a bundle of lunch bags for $2. I used 4 bags per book and scrape paper, ribbon, stickers that I already had. I could make 25 books for $2-- a great bargan for someone on a budget.
We are doing a second workshop next week.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy
I had my first workshop at the Library using this idea. It is very fun and easy to do. The best part was I bought a bundle of lunch bags for $2. I used 4 bags per book and scrape paper, ribbon, stickers that I already had. I could make 25 books for $2-- a great bargan for someone on a budget.
We are doing a second workshop next week.
Joy..that is great...Glad you had a good time doing these...You will be really surprised how much money you can save doing these Paper Bag Scrap Books instead of buying the expensive books...I had a blast doing these...And it was an inexpensive craft for everyone to do...Enjoy...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Joy how did the second workshop go for the Paper Bag Scrapbooks...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Paper Bag Scrap Bools For kids

That is realy cool I am going to try an do some with my gcildren thay may like it.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theresa--The second workshop was a success. Some of the older girls took right off after I explained the idea and did their own thing. A few younger ones needed a bit more supervision, but I was very pleased with their work. I have had a sample one on display and a lot of adults have looked at it and liked the idea to try at home with their kids or gks. I think some of them think it would be fun for them to do too. Maybe I should do an adult program using this idea???
I tried to leave the bags open on the one end, but found the pages were much easier to turn when they were glued shut.
Thanks again for the idea---its a winner.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Joy...glad your second workshop went well with this idea...I loved doing these with my granddaughter...I would try an adults one...lots of adults are interested in Scrapbooking and this is easy and not at all expensive to do...Hugs
Old 03-26-2007, 11:25 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Maddie would love her own scrapbook. Also a good way to use up photos that I wouldn't/can't use in my own.

A good idea for girlscouts too.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theresa, it would be a great adult program--Scrapbooking 101. We could do a Grandma's / Mom's Brag book type thing. I think I should probably wait until next fall when the weather gets cold again.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Oh a Grandma or Mom one would be so nice...seems scrapbookers do more in the colder weather than in the summer...good idea to have it in the Fall...

Coll...Maddie would love to do one for herself or for Grandpa or even a friend of hers...the possibilities are endless...have fun...

These Paper Bag Scrapbooks give kids a chance to show their creativity...My granddaughter Baleigh is 8 and she still loves to do them...her second grade teacher was leaving to have a baby and Baleigh did one for her for her new baby...the teacher thought that was the best gift for her child...