Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I love all the jars

Amanda and everyone else. I love all the jars and ideas that are floating around here. Since I have been looking for fresh ideas of something new to do, think I'll find some jars and get started. Is there any special ways that some of you gather your jars so you have several of them to paint?

Amanda I don't think that your word "chocolate" looks funny - it just adds to the country charm \

It sounds like there are some really talented people on this thread. Would love to see some of you sharing pics of what you have done. You give really good discriptions but a pic is worth a 1,000 words.

May your day be sunny no matter what the weather.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I use pickle jars, mayo jars, and I've even been known to paint on little teeny weeny pimento jars. Those little ones are fun to do, but time consuming. Last summer I saw in the paper that a woman was selling all her canning jars. I collect the green, old ones, and lots of them were in the bunch that we bought from her, so I didn't paint on them, but there were lots of other kinds of jars in there that I DID paint on. I think I got 60 jars for $5 !! Since I don't can anymore, I had a time trying to explain to this woman that I wanted to paint her jars! lol!
I sure do wish I had a scanner so I could put my jars on here, but alas, I don't! I did mention to my daughter that I wanted her to take pictures with her digital, but we haven't quite got around to that yet. Have a good day, all of you! AND PAINT THOSE JARS! Once you do get started, there will be no stopping you! lol!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle

It sounds like you had a lot of fun from that $5. What a great find. How much do you usually ask for the jars after you get them done?

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, I could have made more, but I sold them for about $3 @ piece. Some of them I just gave to family members for presents. My daughters would come over and I would say, "Here's another jar for ya!" (Im too generous! lol!)
Old 06-18-2002, 05:41 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I use jelly jars, pickle jars, and mayo jars. But recently I purchased a couple of cases of mayo jars so that I could paint and sell them. One woman ordered 8 from me at once, so I needed more than I had, and frankly, I can't eat that many pickles in one day

I've already got Christmas ideas floating around in the head of mine! Would LOVE to hear somne short phrases for the upcoming holidays, including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and anything else worthy of gift giving!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-18-2002, 05:43 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by stitcher45
It sounds like you had a lot of fun from that $5. What a great find. How much do you usually ask for the jars after you get them done?
Some of mine sold for $20 each on eBay, others sold for $12. I have them up on this site in a little shop for $14.95 and 19.95. The ones for $14.95 come with a glass votive holder and votive candle. The $19.95 one comes filled with chocolate candy.
http://www.thefamilycorner.com/shop/painted_jars.shtml

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-18-2002, 06:39 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Phrases to use

I WISH I COULD THINK OF THIS WEBSITE I WENT TO ONE TIME THAT HAD PHRASES WE COULD USE FOR OUR CRAFTS! Now, I think it was "Signs". I think I just typed in that word, and a whole bunch of phrases came up that was for the public to use in their crafting! I will check that out again. And if I find it, I'll be sure to post it. It was great to have those phrases to use.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:57 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well I know there's one called http://www.craftsayings.com but a lot of their saying are longer than what I want. I'm looking for a maximum of 6 words to fit on the jars

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-18-2002, 06:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I found them!

Ok, just type in Country Craft Signs, and you will see all the signs and phrases you can use. I used alot of those phrases. I don't know how to put the url on here. I hope this helps you.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Just saw your post. These phrases may be longer than what you want. But I think if you scroll down and look at all of them, you might find some that you can use.