Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:59 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I did a BUNCH of different snowman bottles, they can be seen here http://www.familycorner.com/shop/jars/winter.shtml

Here's one of them
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2002, 07:01 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Not sure how well you can see these, these are big wine bottles
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2002, 08:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Amanda, they are all so great....I love the snowman ones too!

The upside down one with the cardinal, do you include the feeder part too? They are usually metal with holes....I have seen some filled with M&M's...they are so cute....It would be a unique way to give candies to people for a gift, then they could fill with their favorite treat, nuts, salted sunflower seeds, etc.

How do you manage to get so many things done in a days time? It seems as soon as I get the chores done for the day, its suppertime and after that I am to pooped to do craft things, or even get all the stuff out. lol

janet
Old 12-06-2002, 09:25 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by janet
The upside down one with the cardinal, do you include the feeder part too? They are usually metal with holes....I have seen some filled with M&M's...they are so cute....It would be a unique way to give candies to people for a gift, then they could fill with their favorite treat, nuts, salted sunflower seeds, etc.
Thank you for the compliments Janet!

Actually, the cardinal jar was a custom order, she requested it that way so that she could put it on a chicken feeder. But I did order a couple of the feeders as you are right, they ARE unique gifts. I also ordered a couple of lamp kits, that's a future project

Meanwhile, here's another custom order, this is a Christmas gift for her mother in law, has her kids names on it and says "nanny's little angels" across the top
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Amanda, so cute are your creations. Is the woman with the chicken feeder type, is not for the chickens is it? lol I use to raise chickens and I tell you they have no sense of art! lol
Our chickens were range free and they loved to roam our 4 acres. My older son was just in HS and the chickens would run down our lane to the bus stop to greet him when he came home from school! How he Hated That!!! lol So when he hears my younger son complain about our rules, my older son makes sure he pipes in ...JUST BE GLAD YOU HAVE NO CHICKENS!!! ha ha

I picked up 2 lamp kits last year....still not done. One I want to make a lamp out of a 1/2 gallon blue canning jar...and fill the jar with something country. The other kit I have is to convert an oil latern into an electric...I have 3 oil lamps and we are very blessed not to lose power to use them...so I am thinking of making one electric.

Right now I am making Xmas cards....they are coming our great, got a new printer as an early Xmas gift from DH. I have been using card stock and I do have some fancier stuff too. I myself prefer simple cards with old barns, skates, trees..etc.

Have a great Holiday!
janet
Old 12-12-2002, 04:27 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I mailed the cardinal jar to the customer, and she wrote me to tell me how much she liked it (this is the one that goes on the chicken feeder). Now she wants to know if it can be kept outside!

I'm going to write her back and ask her what for. I have a feeling she's using it as a bird feeder maybe? Anyway, if I knew she wanted to keep it outside, I would have sprayed it several more times, so I will have to tell her that.

Here's another custom I did, this is a winter scene with a moose.
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2002, 06:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Wow, you need to have a shop for all your creations. Is there places in your area that holds bazaars? Our University wifes have a bazaar every year at this time to collect can goods for the needy and they also show off their stuff. Some of them are so great. There was walking sticks, brooms with branch handles and across where the binding for the bristles are they had a winter scene on them. Gorgeous. I would of loved to have one for decoration, too pretty to use, eventhough they are supposed to be used. There was slot of driftwood painted on, glass from the shore and made into pins, and hangings...projects that were sewed...like big fat humorous cats! I had a ball looking at everything. I was shocked my guys wanted to take me...I had many tables to wander thru and it was great.My hubby got to a food table with sloppy joes, hotdogs, and bakery for sale. Finally he said, A table I can relate too! The best table here! lol Men always thinking about their stomachs!lol There was no decorated jars like yours...you have a very unique product.

janet
Old 12-12-2002, 07:14 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you Janet :-) Actually, the reason I haven't been talking on the boards much lately is because I am buying a storefront. We should be closing on the property at the end of this month or the first week in January. I am opening a store with my stuff and a bunch of other rustic/primitive/folk art/country stuff
Old 12-12-2002, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Congratulations Amanda!!!

It is so cool that you will have your own store front! I wanted to tell you I love the picture you have on the tin ceiling tile...of the barn and country! I love barns, always wanted to redo a real barn and make into a home.

janet
Old 12-21-2002, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Amanda, Have you ever thought about making the barn pictures on tin tile with all of the seasons, the tile can be brass looking, or colored for the seasons too! I would love to see that. I am a barn lover and if I get any money for Xmas, I want to purchase the winter barn. Is it a one of a kind thing?

janet