Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am pretty sure that there is a link to the valentine jar somewhere in the first couple of posts
Old 06-05-2002, 05:44 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

here ya go!
http://www.thefamilycorner.com/homeg...tine_jar.shtml

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-06-2002, 07:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

If any of you here had bid on my jars, thank you!! The auction was a success and each jar sold for right about $20. There are three new ones up now too. Thank you again!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Amanda, those are so gorgeous. I was just telling DH yesterday that there is something about your crafts I love. I had sort of given up on crafting because everything looked so tacky to me but you've made me want to do stuff again because they are just beautiful. Just country enough, kinda folksy, without that froo-froo thing going. I love your jars and everything else I've ever seen that you've made. I just finished a mayo jar today(emptied it, I mean) and I've decided I'm going to paint it tonight. I may do the "Mom's laundry loot" or maybe I'll make one for DH....anyway, thanks for all your inspiration!!!

Congratulations on the Ebay success! That's really wonderful.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:52 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

WOW!

I am totally blushing, thank you so much for all those wonderful compliments!! You are soo sweet I would LOVE to see yours when you are done, I'm honored to be an inspiration!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Finished my jar today, except for spraying it. I'll have to go out and buy some stuff for that. I must say, I am not the artist that you are Amanda! I had to work with the paints I had....not the prettiest colors in the world, but I'll definitely go buy some more. Anyway, I painted the jar red, then sponged it with antique gold. I painted a big heart in the center and "wrote" Kisses...painted a smaller one to the side below and "wrote" Hugs. I'll put Hershey's kisses and hugs in it. I tied some ribbon around it but it's missing something so I'll keep working on it, I think. Let's just say it wouldn't bring in $20 on Ebay. Michael's has some tole painting books on sale....and before I go there I may just check the library to see what they have. DH bought me the cutest lantern today and he suggested I tole paint on it.

Incidentally, I also made two hand-dipped candles yesterday, for my $1.00 candleholders from a yardsale. I used up old yucky candles to make them and they turned out, just by accident, the exact color of the holders. I also made a Pringles can candle. I am having so much fun. LOL

I think I better practice these jars before I send you any pics Amanda.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:10 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ohhhh don't be silly! I would LOVE to see them! PLease??? The candles sound awesome, that's something I have never done. I've seen those hand dipped candles and they look so cool!

Cindy, one of our moderators here, won one of the jars at the ebay auction, I just finished making it. it's different than the blue and red jars with the stars, this was is antique white with a heart instead. Unfortunately after accidentally dropping my digital camera in the dog's water bowl I have had to scan it instead. At least I have that until I get the camera repaired (if it's repaiable wahhhhh)

Anyway, here it is, I hope she likes it!
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-07-2002, 07:47 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
"PLease???"
I'll think about it.

She should LOVE it!! I read on Ebay that you had antique white ones, but couldn't get to where they showed it. I did see the others that were pictured together. They're just great! Hey, do you get that speckled look by flipping/flinging a toothbrush? I used a sponge, but it doesn't have that same look. I tried using a little paint brush to "fling" the paint on....and my floor is nice and speckled but not the jar.

I am very sorry to hear about your digital camera, although I must admit I laughed hysterically when I read that. I think it was the delivery. I am...ahem...truly sorry about it, though. Really.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:52 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The reason I didn't have any antique white or white ones pictured is because I hadn't made any yet LOL I had the basecoat done, but not the rest

The splattering, yes, I do that with a toothbrush. Thin your paint a LITTLE with some water. Then dot the bristles of the toothbrush in, dab the excess off on a rag or paper towel, then practice on a piece of paper or paper plate first.

My table is always covered in spattered paint when I'm done LOL

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 06-08-2002, 06:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Paint spatters

I laughed when I read that your table is always covered in spatters. I have the same trouble. I have paint spatters everywhere! I have even had to remove them from my glasses! And I can't begin to tell you how much paint I have gotten on my clothes! Needless to say, I have ruined quite a few pairs of sweats and shirts, painting in them. Not only with spatters, but with paint streaks, drops, etc. !!! lol! Im a paintin' fool!