Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow, Shell, that is so neat. You are doing a wonderful job with your jars. It looks so professionally done. I love the butterflies. They are sweet. The colors are super too. I think you are doing a great job - keep it up.

Janet, I am the same way - I wish I could add about 12 more hours to each day. There are so many super ideas around here that I want to try and I just done have the time.

Take care of yourselves.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Painted jars...

Amanda, I love the jar with sunflowers! My favorite flowers! I might try that. These jars are really cute and I need a secret place to put money that I'm saving for things... And if I can't see throught the jar to see how much is in there, I won't be likely to spend it before I have enough to get what I really want.
Plus, it would be a great disguise so that no one else would take my secret savings. I'm bad!

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the jars but wanted to share. You are very talented in your painting. And I am a beginner but I did something really neat on my daughter's wall the other day and I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I painted a huge sunflower on a narrow part of her wall (about 6 and a half feet tall) and for each big leaf measures a foot. It's a growth chart! It looks so cute on her wall (the decor is garden theme). Just wanted to share. Pretty proud of myself in how it came out. I might even make her a jar like yours for her loot too!

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Stacy
Old 09-17-2002, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

more jars ~!

Thought I would share some more of my creations
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2002, 08:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

another jar

yet another one
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2002, 08:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

last one

Attached Images

Old 09-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Ok well you guys got me motivated after seeing all these jars and the one Amanda had on the site the other day made w/ the fabric - so I have some jars I set aside and I have a question - how do you guys get the labels and the glue off the jars? What is the easiest way?

I really didn't need another project! I have several going right now - but i couldn't get them out of my head! So if you can't beat 'em - join'em right????

Thanks for your help,
Wombat
Old 09-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Shell's jars

Shell I really like each of your jars. It makes me think maybe I can do this too.

I keep trying to save jars but everytime I put one in water to soak the label off, when I come back it is gone - my husband throws them away. So far I haven't got him to understand I am trying to save them to paint on. Maybe He thinks I have too much stuff around here - too many started projects and not very many finished projects. lol hahahahaha

Hope everyone is having a great day.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: decorating jars,bottles,boxes etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by sheilaanderson
i also thought about using baby food jars-but worry the weight will be too heavy to hang on the christmas tree.

You could use the baby food jars to hold potpourri, I decoupaged torn tissue paper (I used lavendar and white mixed together) on the outside all around the rim and the whole jar, then filled it with potpourri and took cut toille and put it on top with ribbon around it. I used these for my mom's wedding shower favors, and everyone loved them! Most people didn't even know they were baby food jars!

The look would totally change depending on the color or colors you use for tissue paper, toille, and ribbon! You could easily use Chritmas colors, with cinnamon potpourri or something like that! Or even a candle wrapped in toille with a ribbon!

HTH!!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!

Old 09-26-2002, 07:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: love it!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Regina Ptacek
:I am an avid cross stitcher and branching out into other things now.
I'm not sure if someone else mentioned this or not, I'm just starting to read the posts in this thread. . . Have you considered doing some cross stiching for a lid cover? Maybe with a ribbon around it? You could do it on a clear jar, even without painting,and fill the jar with cookies or carmel popcorn or something!

. . .just an idea!!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!

Old 09-29-2002, 08:33 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

A new jar!

Well it's been a while since i made a new jar, but I received a custom order for a jar with a pale yellow background, strawberries using cool reds, and strawberry blossoms. Here's the result My first time ever doing fruit LOL
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda